Chapter 1

"Amaika where are you?,Come downstairs fast".
I heard my mother's voice from the hall. "Yeah, mom I'm coming" I shouted back.
When I came downstairs she had prepared all kinds of Indian sweets and snacks.

Now you may be thinking that why she prepared all those things for me that's because I'm going to the States for my higher studies in journalism.

"Mom, there's no need for all this stuff I'll be a little pig when I come back"
I pouted at her.
"Don't say that dear I prepared all these by myself for you, So you can't deny these,"
she looked at me with a sad face.
I sighed,
"Okay mom I'll take all these with me then".

"Hey there Miss Amaikha Kapoor!".
It was my best friend Amy.
She had her shiny black hair tied in a messy bun and no makeup, She's very beautiful and she kinda looks like Priyanka Chopra.
We were besties for life since 8th grade.
Hey, I winked at her.

"Amy how's your exam preparation going," my mother asked.
"It's going good aunty" she replied.
"Aunty did you prepared all this stuff?". Amy asked.
"Yes, dear, you can also have some of it", And she packed some sweets for Amy.

Amy turned to me "Hey! girl how's your packing going?".
I sighed "Oh thank God Amy I don't know what dresses should I take with me.
It will be a new place, new people, new culture, and everything will be new and different I'm so nervous and excited about everything," I said everything in one breath. "Woah! slow down girl everything's gonna be alright, They won't eat you" she said calmly to me.
"Soooooo... let's see what you got in your closet." She took out a black sleeveless crop top and denim shorts. "Got it!!! This is what you are gonna wear today baby girl," Amy winked at me.
"Fuck no!!!!"I screamed.
"If mom ever finds out that I started wearing shorts she's gonna murder me, Amy". "God 'Amai' you are not a kid anymore it's always like this I like one thing but you won't like that"
she made a fake angry face. I laughed at her.
"Don't make a scene Amy girl" I teased her"You take this with you and you can wear it when you reach there."
Then she helped me to pack all my stuff. "God Amy, I'm exhausted,"
I lay in my bed. "It's 6 pm and your flight is at 9 pm, isn't it?". She asked.
"Yep, it is".

We heard the sound of tires screeching and it was my dad and my elder brother. Suddenly I ran downstairs.

"Hey, dad and Aman". I greeted them.
"My sweetheart have you packed and sorted out all your stuff?".
"Yes, dad, everything's pretty done" I said. Amy came downstairs.
"Oh Amy you're here too" Aman said to her. She just looked at him.

Amy is having a crush on him since 10th grade but she's really afraid to ask him out. So it's pretty awkward for her to be around him.
"Yeah, I came here today morning".

"Anand, she should get to the airport by seven so let's have dinner now," my mother said.

We all had a happy dinner and after that, we went to the airport.
We waited before going through the procedures.
Finally, here it comes I don't know what to say.
"Amu you be careful and don't trust people easily. Make sure to make friends with good people," Aman said. "Don't worry big bro I won't, at least I'll try" I said to him.

Mom started crying and Amy is on the verge of crying.
"Stop this Vinita she's going for a good thing is this the way of bidding farewell to her" my father told my mother.
"Mom, it's okay it's not like I'm going forever" I smiled at her. She tried to hold back her tears when I looked at her.
Then I looked at Amy. She came to me and pulled me in for a tight hug.
"Call me when you are free I'm gonna fucking kill you if you don't", Do you get it?" she told me in between her tears.
"I won't forget to call my little annoying bestie, happy now".

"Amu it's announcing you have to go now" Aman said.
"Yeah yeah, I'm going" he pulled me into a hug. I'm trying hard not to cry but in the end, I let it go. I too cried.
"Bye guys, I'll be back soon bye mom, dad, Aman, and Amy".

I crossed the checking and got onto the flight. My seat is in the 6th row from the front.

I slip onto my seats and put my seatbelts on. Gradually the flight is taking off and now I can see the clouds up there arranged like a field of blooming cotton balls in the whole sky.

Here I am going to start the next crucial chapter of my life. New people, New friends, New city.......