Chapter 14

I woke up next to Adam sleeping peacefully. Almost all night he used to have nightmares but yesterday he was sleeping so peacefully. It feels so good to watch him sleep.
He slowly opened his eyes. "Good morning". "How long have you been looking at me like that?".
"Mmm for a while now, you have been sleeping so peacefully so I didn't mind waking you up".

He pulled me in towards him for a kiss.
"I want to wake up like this beside you forever Amaika". He said with a smile.
"For that, we have to convince my family about us first," I said with a serious tone.
"I'll talk to Aman soon".
Knock Knock!!

There's a soft knock on the door, followed by Sue's voice, "you guys are you up?. Come downstairs, we have to visit a lot of places today".
"In a minute Sue". I shouted back.
Adam pulled me back into his arms. He covered my face with kisses.
"You're mine", he whispered.
I chuckled. "Freshen up and get dressed, you moron". I pulled myself from him.

When we came downstairs both Sam and Sue were ready. Sam is driving the car today. Over the days the things between Sam and Adam are really good kind of.
"Where are we going?". I asked.
"We'll be going to the Smoky mountains". Sam replied.
"Oh, I have heard read about that place a lot, isn't it a good place for hiking?".
"Yeah, we have been there with mom once". Sue said. She looked so happy.
"Yeah, I remember, that time you peed in your pants, Sue". Adam laughed.
"Really you did?". Sam was the one asked now. He's laughing hard now.
"Seriously Adam?. You want to embarrass me in front of them". She looked galled by what he said.
"Come on Adam, don't say embarrassing things about my girl", I hit his right arm with my hand. We laughed. The drive was very funny.

When we reached there it was around 10 am. The place was literally breathtaking.
Adam came from behind and held me by my hips. He kissed me on my head.
"Do you like the place?", He asked.
"It's amazing Adam, I have never seen something this beautiful in my entire life". He smiled. That smile was one of the best smiles he had ever had after I had seen him.
"Heyy guys let's go!!!", Sue said.
"We are first going to hike up to the Clingman's Dome". Sam said.

We packed all the necessary things and started hiking up. The trail was so steep.
"How long does it takes to reach the tower?". I asked.
"It will take an average of 30 minutes to reach up". Sam said.

Finally, after about 45 minutes we reached the top observation tower. When I looked from there it was the most marvelous scenic view I ever had. We looked down Frome there. He held me from behind. A gentle cold breeze hit our faces. He gave a small peck on my lips. I smiled at him.
"What's that place over there?". I asked him. "That's Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge and Sevierville three of them are the part of Tennessee, it's located in the southeastern part". He said.
"Oh, it's really beautiful to see those places within these mountains".
"Mmm," he hummed.
"Our peace shall stand as firm as Rocky mountains".
"What's that?". I asked. "That's a quote from Shakespeare's Henry IV, part II". He cupped my face in between his palms. "You are my peace, which stands firmly as a rocky mountain", he whispered.
I smiled at him. I closed the space between us. It was a slow domineering kiss. In between our kisses I heard the sound of the camera clicking. We both turned to the side. "Perfect!!", Got it. Sue smirked at us.
"Show me that", Adam snatched the camera from her. He smiled and showed that picture to me.
"Omg! delete it now Adam". "Nope, not a chance I will order a wedding cake with this picture on our wedding day" he raised both his eyebrows at me.
"Oh god, really?". I hit him with my elbow.
"Of course, Amaika I'm not kidding".
"Then let's see". We both looked at the scenic view in front of us.
"Amaika", he called my name softly.
"Mmmm".
"Do you remember the first time we met?". A small laugh escaped from him.
"Hmm, yeah that was one of the most embarrassing things that happened, I guess". He held me from behind.
"I don't really do lovey-dovey things" he frowned.
"You came to me because I looked similar to Maya?". I asked.
"No, not completely, I have seen you before that time your family came to visit Aman". He said.
I was dumbfounded after hearing what he said. "So are you saying you knew me?".

"Yeah, maybe". He twirled me around to face him, then pulled me closer to him. "Don't ever think that I fell for you because you looked like her, My heart calls for you. I.....I like the way you make me feel, even when you are not around". A teardrop landed on my right cheek.
"Oh, Adam I love you". I kissed him. "Let's grow old and wrinkly together Mr. Adam Mason Wright". I said. He laughed at hearing what I said.
"Yeah, we can grow old together".

"Umm, sorry to interrupt you love birds, it's time to go". It was Sue. Adam looked at her.

"We're coming". He said to her. She and Sam left first. "Let's go then". I said. "Okay, love" he smiled.

When we got home their father was feeding birds.
"Ah, you guys are back, how's the trip?". He asked. Sue went and sat near him.
"It was superb, we enjoyed it a lot". She said. He smiled.
"How's our place Amaika?". He asked me.
"It's stunning in its way", I said with a smile".
"Yeah, next time let's go all the places around here," he said.
"Sure, I'd love to". I replied.

"I cleaned the rooms completely" it was their maid.
"Oh, thanks Janet". Adam said. C'mon let's go inside" he wrapped his fingers around me.

After some time when I looked through the window, I saw their father sitting there alone, staring at the sky. I came and sat near him.

"He told me everything happened to him". I said.
He took a deep sigh and looked at me. A smile appeared on his face.
"I'm glad he did open up to you, all these I was waiting for him to overcome everything". "I dragged him into this". He said.
"Don't blame yourself, nobody did anything wrong you did that to secure his career and you haven't any idea that this all thing will turn out to be like that". I patted his shoulder assuringly.
Tears started to flow out of his eyes, it's it was hard to see such a strong person crying.
"You know, Adam had never spoken like the way he used to after that incident, whenever he saw me he used to keep a distance from me". "I did this, I made him suffer that much, that will haunt me till my death". He said.

"I'm 100% sure that he'll talk to you". I said to him.

"Dad". Adam came from behind and sat on his knees holding Mr Schuler's hands. I gave .them some time to talk.

When I got inside Sue was looking at them with teary eyes.
"Thank you Amai". She hugged me and, said.
"It's been a long time since I'm seeing them talking to eachother like this, the each other you are the reason".
"I'm happy he found you". She said while wiping her tears.
"I'm happy too because I got a friend and a sister like you". We both smiled looking at them talking and crying.