Chapter 4

I'm standing near the window like a rock while watching him getting out of his black SUV.
He was wearing a blue hoodie and black jeans. Ah god, he's having a good body though. Oh boy, that jawline looks like Ian Somerhalder's.
Suddenly he looked up. Fuck, he saw me drooling over him. I hid behind the curtains and peeked out now he's getting inside the house.
"Amaikaaaaaaaa!!" I heard Sue calling over for me.
"Coming". I shouted back. Do he remembers me we just met today morning? I thought. Oh damn, he's standing near the doorway. His deep blue eyes are piercing right into me. "Amaika, meet Adam, my brother, and Adam this is Amaikha my friend Amaika from India".
"It's glad to meet you", he said with a grumpy face.
"You too," I said with a smile but that asshole didn't even smile back.
"So, Adam you should use the guest room until Amai leaves because I gave your room to her and currently she's using that room". His face showed an expression that he didn't really like that arrangement.
N But still, he said he was okay with that.

After that, I went out to buy some books at a bookstore near her house. There is a woman who seemed like in her late 40s or mid-50s standing there in the store. She's very pretty, she's wearing a green knee-length top and a black overcoat.
"Hi, I want books on media communications, is it available here?".
"Yes, dear follow my lead". She replied with a sweet warm smile.
She leads me to the last row of books there. She looked over the right side and turned to me.
"All these books on this shelf are about journalism, Take your time to go through them".
"Thank you," I said to her.
"Are you a journalism student or out of curiosity just to know more?"She asked me. "Oh yeah, I'm doing journalism and mass communication and the classes starts next week".
"Oh ok, I'm Josette," she said.
"Ah yes, I'm Amaika". "That's a really sweet name".
" Where are you from?".
"India", I replied to her.
"Oh, it's a really beautiful place, I and my husband had once gone to India, It's a lovely place the sculptures and all, I was mesmerized by their beauty, It was a good time with a lot of beautiful memories". She sighed.
"Where's your husband now?" I asked.
"He died in an accident 2 years ago".
"I'm sorry I didn't know about that". " It's okay dear, This shop was his I can still feel his presence all over this place". Her eyes were watering.
"It's okay Josette".
We talked for a lot more time. She told me about her childhood and all. She's not having any kids, because of an illness she had removed her uterus. Josette was a very talkative person in a good way I didn't get bored. When I checked the time it was already 3 pm.
"Oh, I have to rush home, my friend is going out today that's why".
I waved her goodbye and paid for the books, leaving the shop.

When I returned I heard Adam and Sue shouting at each other.
"What the heck Adam?, "Don't play your big brother thing on me".
"I'm a grown-up woman and I know how to take care of myself".
"You don't understand anything he had once broken your heart one time and now you're going on a date with him again" he shouted back at her.
"Everyone needs a second chance Adam". I heard Sue's calming voice.
Suddenly Adam slammed the door and came out. Oh, Fuck! He saw me.
"Hey," I said awkwardly. He didn't even look at me I stand there like a dumb. I heard Sue sobbing. I went inside.
"hey hey what's that all about?" Don't cry. "Amai, it's all about Sam, the one with whom I'm going out tonight, He was his best friend back in secondary school. Later he asked me out and I said yes.
But later because of some family matters he left the country without any trace", but some of his other friends told him he cheated on me and he's going with that I just want to make everything clear with Sam".
"I was devastated at that time when he left, I know he won't leave just like that because he loved me so much, Now I met him coincidentally and he asked me if he just need some time to talk to me he'll clear everything". She said while sobbing.
"Look, Sue, I'm not defending him but he is your big brother and he's just trying you not to make the same mistake again that's why he's acting that way, But still you too are right, all I'm saying is that be careful around him if you feel you're not ready then don't think too much just come back. Okay?". I asked with concern.
"Mmmm I will Amai". "Ok, now I'll do your make up she giggled.
She's wearing a black knee-length dress. I just put some simple makeup on her.
When we came we saw Sam and Adam standing in the hall.
"It kinda looks like Adam's gonna eat him alive". I told Sue.
She laughed.

She waved at Sam.
My eyes were fixed on Adam. I saw him fisting his right hand. He looked up our eyes met for a second, and my heart beats fastly. "Amaikha", Sue's voice brought me back.
I looked at her.
"So I'll be late okay, Look after my brother". She said sarcastically. And then they left. I went to the kitchen to make some coffee. Should I ask him if he needs coffee or not. I peeked through the kitchen door and I saw him sitting on the couch and scrolling down his phone. I asked
"Do you need coffee Adam"?.
No response I stood there like an idiot. Suddenly I heard footsteps coming towards the kitchen. He came in and leaned toward me.
"If I need anything I'll do it for myself". Our faces were inches apart. And he poured himself a coffee. What an asshole I thought. I watched him walking back to the couch. Then I poured myself a cup of coffee and went to pack those books I bought.

Adam is still on his phone scrolling something. I heard him talking to someone. I peeked at him.
"I don't think it'll work we could make it tougher by try using pigeon cipher by using alphabets and symbols and don't submit it until I'm there," he said over the phone. Pigeon cipher I repeated in my mind. What the hell is that I wondered. Why am I eavesdropping on that asshole's matters? Ah, maybe a handsome asshole. I thought. I moved backward to take my bag from the cupboard I saw a red file and a wooded box. I took out the file first and opened it there was a photo of Adam with his mother. In the picture, he looked like he was about 17 or 18 years old and he was wearing a black tuxedo. Both of them are having the same blue eyes her wavy blonde hair is falling up to her hips, there's something written on the back of the photo I flipped it to take a look at it "28th April 2012- prom day for my young man". I smiled at this. I put it back next I got an ID from the file it says
"Adam Mason Wright". Adam Mason Wright, I repeated his name twice in my mind. Bossy asshole I chuckled. Then there were several papers with different codes and all. I didn't understand anything so put the file back in there. Now I tried to open the wooded box I think it's jammed. I tried for some time it didn't open.
"Amaikha", I heard Adam's angry voice behind me. He sounds irritated. I... I'm... I stammered. He's now walking towards me, he snatched away the box from my hands.

" Who told you to go through my stuff?" "I'm....it was th... there I... I didn't complete my sentence.
"Don't ever touch my things over here".
He seemed annoyed and more like hiding something inside that box. Still, he's looking at me with an expression that he's gonna kill me now. Many thousands of thoughts are invading my mind. A sudden loud bang brought me back its the sound of the door being slammed by him. What is in that box?......