Chapter 16

I was shocked to see Aman and Maira sitting on the couch. Adam and I stilled on our position.
My legs went numb for a moment. I leaned onto Adam and held his hand tightly.
Aman stared at us for a brief moment processing what he saw.
"Adam" he whispered in a slow yet dreadful voice.
Suddenly he got up from his seat and stormed towards Adam.
"Aman let me..... Before finishing my sentence Aman's fist landed on Adam's face. His nose started bleeding.
"Aman, I know you are upset with me but I just........"
"Shut the fuck up, you moron!". Aman stomped his feet angrily.
"You...you killed her first and, now you're fucking my sister?"
"Aman don't talk like that ", I stood in front of Adam.
"Woah!, After knowing everything, you are still defending him?" He asked in an amused voice.
"Yes, indeed I am, look Aman I too had loved Maya as much as you did and I still do, but all the things happened it's... it's not his fault"
"Please listen Aman", I pleaded in front of him.
"Amu, you don't know anything, he's full of shit and I don't want the same thing to happen to you either, things around him won't end in good," he said.
I looked at Aman and then Adam, he was in tears.

"Aman he too had lost her, why don't you hear his part of the story?'. I asked.
"I don't want to know about more shit!" He screamed at me.
I looked at Adam, he stood there helplessly.

"Aman, just hear me out" Adam pleaded.
But still, Aman's eyes were reddened due to the fury he had towards him.
"Shut your fucking mouth, you have no right to be around my family", he said furiously.

Suddenly Aman pulled me away from Adam.
"If you want him, forget about us all and don't ever come back, or else you will be staying here with us". He said with a serious face.

"I... I can't leave both, I love you guys more than anything, Aman, please try to understand". Tears ran down my cheeks.
"Please, don't......" I choked on my words.

Maira stepped in between us.
"Aman, try to understand them too" she gave us an empathetic look.
"Oh, really Maira?, Our Maya was dead because of this fucking bastard". He yelled at her.
"Aman, I didn't...."
"Shut up Maira, I have decided what to do with my sister".
"Amu, you are coming with us now and Adam if you don't leave right now I'm gonna beat the shit out of you"
I have never seen him like this before. My whole body trembled.

"Adam, you have to go now," I said my voice breaking, there's no other choice for me rather than this.
"You heard her?", Get out of here now."

Adam let go of my hand unwillingly.
"Maira, pack our bags immediately we are not staying here for a moment," he said angrily at her.
Maira too looked so scared after all his actions.
"Aman please". I felt my throat cracking up.

"No we are not going to stay here anymore, Amu don't make me repeat my words go and pack your bags".
He stormed out of the house angrily.
I sat on the floor and cried.
Viv and Maira came and sat beside me.
"Don't cry Amai". Viv patted my back. I cried leaning into her shoulder.
"Amu, I'll talk to him once the whole turmoil is cooled off, he's just angry after everything, you just do what he says now," Maira said in a calm voice.
I nodded at her.
"Yeah, she's right everything will become normal it's just that it'll take some time," Viv said.

When Aman returned we packed all my things.
"I have arranged a place to stay, we are moving out now," he said.
I put my luggage in the car. Viv came and hugged me.
"Don't worry, I'll call Adam and Sue okay." "Yeah".
"Bye, take care".

I'm sitting in the back seat and Maira is on the passenger side.
"Amu, I'm doing all this for your good being, things are complicated. You are not four anymore, grow up and use your brain" he said looking at me through the rear mirror.
I didn't reply to his comments.
Maira gave me an empathetic nod.
I gave her an understanding smile.

Suddenly my phone chimed. It was a message from Adam. I was going to open it but Aman was so fast that he grabbed my phone from my hands.
"You are not going to have this until I feel you are over him completely". Maira gave an unbelievable look at him. But she didn't speak. We both knew if she did, it's gonna be a huge quarrel.
The drive was completely dead silent after that.

The house he chose was a simple one with 4 rooms with one small garage and furnishings.
I came in and sat on the chair beside the dining table.
By this time mom and dad should have already known everything I don't know how they are gonna react. I inhaled a sharp breath.
Maira came and sat on the next chair. "You can take to me, if that will ease you I'm all ears". She smiled.
"Umm, yeah thanks for your concern but now I just want to be alone and can you please convince him not to say anything to our parents yet?". I said to her.
"Yeah sure I think I can do something on it"
She's the only one I can talk to right now. I sighed.
__________________________

It's been two months since I haven't seen or heard from Adam and Aman hasn't spoken anything to me since that day.
He's now always around me like a bodyguard, I'm not even getting time to spend with Viv.
From Viv, I came to know that now Sue knew everything about Maya and Adam is kinda off and on mood.
They even tried to talk to Aman but he was pissed off.
Now Maira is the only person keeping me up away from my shit.
I'm sitting in our front yard thinking about my fucked up life.
"Hey Amu, What are you thinking about?" Maira sat beside me.
I sighed, "Thinking about my life". I reply.
She patted my shoulders.
"I miss him, Maira," I said while a teardrop fell down my cheeks.
"Hey, don't show your weak point in front of others," she said.
"Do you hate Adam?" I asked.
She looked into the sky and sighed. "At first, I was so angry at him I used to hate him to my core, I just can't imagine my days without Maya it was just impossible for me. All of us were grieving, Adam tried to come to our house, one day dad beat him so badly but he didn't speak any word back, that day I saw the pain in his eyes I understood he too had lost her, he was so broken and fragile I don't hate him anymore after that day still. But sometimes when I think about her I still hate him but he's also innocent too". She smiled at me with her teary eyes.
I hugged her tightly.
"I love him so much Maira," I said in between my tears.
She was silent for a brief moment.
"Amu?", She called my name.
I looked at her.
"Do you want to see him?".
"Ugh, I don't know if that will be possible or not with Aman around here".
"I'm being serious I'll take you to him, I don't want to see you hurting yourself like this" she smiled empathetically.
"You sure?"
"Damn sure". She pressed my hands.
I laughed while sobbing.
"Stop this, be ready tomorrow evening....."