Chapter 6

After about 3 hour drive, we reached my new apartment where Sue's best friend Vivian is living. It was a very big place and Vivian's apartment is on the 4th floor.
We went and knocked on the door a girl about my age opened the door.

"Heyyyy!!, Sue, it's been a long time since we met".
"Yeah, I know Sue replied while laughing and they were hugging each other when Vivian noticed me.
"Oh yeah, you must be Amaikha" she came to me with a deep smile.
"I'm Vivian, Vivian Cooper".
"Nice to meet you Vivian".
"You too" she pulled me into a hug.
"So Vivian I'm in a little hurry so you guys make it comfortable," Sue said.
"Oh come on, what's that hurry we just met after a long time, Sue," Vivian said pleadingly.
"I have to go, Viv, need to meet someone that's why". I remembered that she was going to meet Sam.
"Uh?, Vivian she's going to see Sam her boyfriend".
"Wtf Sam?. You again got together with him?".
She sounds surprised.
"It's a long story ask Amaika to know everything", "So bye now I'm going. Sue said and went towards the door.
"See you Saturday evening guys". She left.

Now it's me and Vivian. She turned to me.
"So Amaikha let me show you around".
It's a small apartment with four rooms.
A medium-sized hall, small kitchen, and two bedrooms.
"This will be your room, Umm I cleaned everywhere now you arrange your things here".
"Okay, thanks Vivian".
"Yeah, one thing everyone calls me Viv, Vivian seems a little bit longer and Amaika too. I'll call you Amai".
"Then Okay Viv". We laughed.

I settled myself in my new place. Suddenly I heard my phone ring. It was mom. "Heyy mom" I greeted her.
"How are you feeling my dear? Did you settle in". she asked, I can hear the concern in her voice? I told her about Vivian and the apartment and all.
I spoke to my mother, father, and Aman. All of them wished me luck with the new classes which are starting tomorrow.
"Hey, Amaikha" I saw Vivian walking past me with a smile.
"Tonight I'm going out with my friends, You must come". She said with a smirk.
"Ah, Viv I'm not feeling good to go out".
She compelled me for some time but I didn't go.
Since my early teenagehood, I was always an introvert. I feel like parties are not my thing so I didn't go out partying.

Vivian went out at 7 pm. Then it was me alone. I cooked some instant ramen for dinner.
After that, I read the book "Ugly Love" by Colleen Hoover. I'm a big fan of Hoover.
My favorite book is Ugly Love I probably have read it a million times. I completed the book within 3 hours.
I yawned and looked up at the clock it was 11 pm. Suddenly I heard a knock on the door.
Oh fuck, now I have to get up from here I murmured to myself and went to open the door. Of course, it will be Vivian. I looked at her. There's a little injury on her lower lips and is bleeding a little.
"Oh my god, Vivian what happened to you?". She leaned to my shoulder and sobbed. That's when I saw the person standing behind her. It's Adam. His deep blue eyes pierced right into me.
"What happened to her, Did you do anything?!!". I yelled at him.
He looked stunned.
"I'm not that kind of person". He said with no emotions on his face.
"No no, No Amaikha he saved me". Vivian looked up into my face and said.
"What happened Viv?".
"There I went to use the washroom and some guys tried to a...a... assault me". She said in between her sobs.
"If he hasn't come there I can't imagine what would have happened to me".
"Oh god!", I gasped.
"You are here now, you're safe so let's get you inside Viv".
Adam, please come inside.

I helped Viv to clean her wound and let her sleep. When I came back to the living room he was reading my book. I stared at him for a moment. The way his eyes move when he reads.
"Are you done staring at me?". I heard his deep voice. I suddenly came back to my senses.
"I...I didn't".
He got up from the couch and looked around the room.
"You are majoring in journalism?, Never thought that you'll be interested in books like this". He told me without breaking eye contact.
"Why can't I? You can't judge a book by its cover I told him". He smirked at me.
"Did you know that Viv is Sue's friend?" I asked him.
"Nope", he replied.
"I don't know about all her friends I'm always busy with my work schedule", he said. "So where do you work?" I asked.
"I'm a cryptanalyst", he said.
"So you kind of make codes and break them, Is that hard?".
"Since I'm interested in it so for me it's not that hard". he said without looking at me. He's looking at a photo that I put there, it's my family photo. He slowly walked towards the photo. He picked it up.
"Is this you? You look very different in this". "That was taken when I was 14 or 15".
He smiled at the photo.
My God! Adam Mason Wright smiled while looking at my photo. I felt like butterflies flying in my belly. But it didn't last long he frowned while looking at my brother.
"Aman!!", he whispered slowly.
"What? You know him?" I asked him.
"You are Aman's sister?".
"Yes, I am". I replied.
"Fuck!!!!' he swore.
"What? How'd you two know each other?". I asked him but he didn't reply.
"Ok, fine I'll call him and ask him about you". "No!", suddenly he came near me and covered my mouth with my his right hand. I can feel his breath on my cheeks. Our faces are very close to each other. I murmured at him to take his hands off. He slowly released his hand from my mouth. But he didn't move away.
"Amaika, you can't ask him about me because things are complicated, Promise me you won't" he whispered.
No, I will ask him cause I want to know that's what I wanted to tell him instead I didn't.
"Ok, I wouldn't discuss you with him".
"Thanks" it came out of his mouth like a hum.
I saw his eyes moving down to my lips. Omg!. Is he gonna kiss me? if he is, I wouldn't resist him.
"What the fuck! is happening in here".
Both of us got startled and took a step back from each other.
Viv was standing in the doorway looking at us with her eyes wide open.
"I should leave". Adam said.
"Goodnight Amaika," he said and left.
It's now me and Viv standing there.
"So what was that Amai?, Seriously with a stranger you have just met". She asked me. "It's not like what you saw Viv, It's nothing and he's not a stranger he's.... Um, Sue's brother.
"What the heck?, She have a brother". She looked surprised.
I looked at her and said.
"You guys were best friends and you never know that she had a brother, that's insane". "Amai you don't know the Wrights were super secretive about everything so it's not a big thing that I didn't know that she had a brother". She sighed.
"Wait, if I haven't been here now you two have kissed" she giggled.
"I told you Viv it's not like what you saw, leave that dude".
"UGH okay then" she smirked at me.
"Umm Viv you said secretive, what do you mean?". I ask her.
"Yeah, they are so secretive, and also there's something behind their mother's death, I don't know the full story behind them", after that she went in to get water.
I stood there without moving thinking about what she said now.
"Amai doesn't go and ask Sue about this". She shouted from the kitchen.
"No, I wouldn't Viv". 'Okay, let's go to sleep come on it's a rough night".
"Good night, Amai".
"Goodnight Viv'. My mind is still full of them. Now I'm thinking what would have happened if Viv didn't come there maybe he would have kissed me. I wanted to know about his past but I don't think that he'll let me know about the things that happened to him and his family.....