Chapter 2

After a long fifteen hours of my flight, I reached the JFK international airport, New York.
I'm extremely exhausted and hungry as hell. It's now noon here.
I took out my phone and called Sue.

When I was doing my bachelor's at Delhi University an American girl Madeline was studying with me.
Both of us were good friends and Sue is her cousin and she used to come to India during her vacation that's how I got friends with Sue. She is so tall as compared to I'm just 5'2 and she's almost 5'7, blonde hair and light blue eyes.

Heyy!!!!! "Amaika over here".
I heard Sue's voice behind me.
She's wearing a sleeveless white top and black jeans, she looks beautiful as usual. I waved my hands at her.
"So how was your flight?".She asked me. "It was not bad as expected, it's my first time traveling long distance".
"I'm freakin hungry now".I said to her.
"Oh, there's an Italian restaurant where we can get some fresh pasta near terminal 4". "Good what are you waiting let's go then, Sue".

It was a nice place full of the delicious smell of pasta and my stomach starts growling. We sat at a table near the window and I had a nice view of vehicles going down the road from there.
"So Amai this is your first time in NY?"Sue's voice interrupted me. Yeah, I replied.
"When are your classes starting?".
"It's most likely to start next Monday". Mmmm she hummed. Sue, 'where are you living here?' I asked her.
"I live 14 miles away from your soon-to-be college, you can stay with me if you want". "Umm 14miles it's like 23 kilometers away, so I think I should search for an apartment near the university," I said to her.
"Okay if that's comfortable let's look for one".

"Buon pomeriggio le signore". What would you two like to order? The waiter's voice interrupted us.
We ordered two spaghetti with meatballs. "So you should stay with me until we find a good apartment for you".
"I'll tell Adam about it maybe he will have some time for it otherwise we have to search for a place". She said while eating.
"Wait Sue who is this Adam guy?". I asked her with surprise.
"Oh, Madeline never told you about Adam, he's my big brother". "He's a cryptanalyst and is mostly always occupied with his duty calls shits and is so annoying playing his big father thing". "I'm a grown-up woman you know," she said with a dislike in her tone. "Don't say like that he's your brother and has his responsibility, in his eyes, you are still his little sister".
"Hmm, you sound like aunt Clara, Maddie's mom". I laughed at her reaction. "Ah anyway leave him let's eat, and go home fast because it looks like it's gonna rain". she added

On our way back Sue talked and talked about everything like her childhood her father, mother, and Adam, and like literally everything, it was nice hearing her friendly voice and the pattering sound of the rain.

When we reached home it was like 5:30 pm. Sue opened the door and I jumped in to take a good look at the house. I stared at a family portrait hanging above the mantle piece, It was a beautiful picture, in the picture, there's her mother with the same wavy blonde hair as her and also light blue gorgeous eyes and their father with dark brown eyes and light brown hair. Sue is sitting in the middle of her parents and a boy looking like sixteen or seventeen is standing behind them by holding his parent's shoulders.
"It was our last family picture". Sue's voice startled me.
When I looked back I saw her teary eyes. "Sue, it's okay" comforted her. "Ah, everything's long gone now".
she sighed. "Amai your room is upstairs, actually it's Adam's room he usually comes home rarely and it's only a few days you are staying, so you can use it for now".
'Mmm okay.'

Then I came to the room and the room looks like it belong to a broken soul. I had an urge to ask Sue about her parents but after seeing her teary eyes I chose not to ask her more. I opened the cupboard and saw a one direction merchandise, Uh maybe he's a one direction fan I thought. Then I went to the shower, the cold water sprinkling all over me it was the best feeling ever after a long fifteen-hour flight. After that, I slip into a pair of light red pajamas.
"Amaikaa"! 'Are you finished?' "Dinner is ready". Sue is yelling from the kitchen.
"I'm coming, Sue".

She had made sandwiches and steamed corn for dinner. During dinner time Sue talked some stuff about her work and all. After that, we did the dishes together and she went to sleep

When I went back to my room I checked my phone there were almost 50 missed calls from mom.
Fuck!!!! I forgot to call her I panicked a little bit and I called her.
"Amaika where the hell was you???" She said with a worried sound. "
Mom, I'm so sorry. I was so exhausted and forgot to call you".
I sighed. "Do you know how worried we all were?". "sorry mom. then I talked to everyone in there and hung up the call.

It's 11:30 pm now I brushed my teeth and came to bed but this is weird that I can't stop thinking about Adam. I have never seen him before but, In my mind, there's a feeling that I had seen him elsewhere a lot of years back but I can't remember. Finally, I thought of letting this Adam guy out of my fuckin mind and just sleep. Slowly I drift off to deep sleep.....