Insensitive Intentions | BROKEN VOWS AU

Ruv sat still in his room, contemplating about his fallen wife, and his regrets of being the cause of her death. How useless and pathetic he was for breaking his vow to her...

He clenched his fists in frustration and regret. Self-pity and shame washed over him. Shit, he couldn't wait for the day when he'd finally get what he deserved, for destroying his lovely wife's life.

Just then, he heard an extremely annoying voice call out for him, and he hissed in his exasperation. He did not need him out right now...

"Hey Пижон! Watcha up to?" The excited demon asked him, clearly unbeknownst of the tragedy that had just occurred.

"Satan, not today." Ruv muttered quietly. Satan just giggled and ignored the comment. "Where's Cherry? Ya always cuddlin' up with her when it ain't her work hours, so... where is she?"

Ruv hitched his breath slightly. The pure mention of her made him wince. "Sh-she... I broke the vow..." He finally admitted quietly. Satan tilted his head in confusion as he raised a brow.

"Vow? What- ohhh! That thing ya did that you claim is magical? That if ya break the vow, Cherry will- heh- DIE!?" Satan said, laughing at the thought. He truly didn't believe in this whole 'magical vow' thing.

"Yeah... and- wait... what the hell are you doing?.." Ruv asked, seeing Satan start using his magic. Satan didn't respond, and only grinned mischievously.

A flash of light blinded Ruv's view, and he grunted in shock, covering his clear eye from the view while Satan did his thing.

Once the room finally became less painful to look in, Ruv opened his eye and gasped loudly at the pure, utter audacity of his demon. Satan really thought it was a good idea... to shapeshift into Sarvente while she was dying Flower growing in her eye and everything.

"Oh... Ruvvy.. why did you do it? Why did you break the vow?" 'Sarvente' asked as she heavily 'sobbed.' She grabbed onto Ruv's shoulders and clung onto them tightly.

"Do you truly even love me? Do you not CARE about me!?" She yelled.

Ruv felt his heart collapse. How could Satan stoop so low... and torture him like this? Gaslight him about something he already knows DAMN WELL was his fault!?

"Satan... could you possibly stoop any lower... dispel this cowardly magic at once.." He muttered as he stepped away from the demon, until his waist hit the bed.

"WHY DID YOU DO IT, RUVVY!?"

The echoing words in his head hit him like a speeding train. His demon clearly had no shame, upon seeing him break down. He just smiled sinisterly, giggling profusely, as he continued to taunt in the form.

Ruv set his hands over his non-existent ears, trying not to hear anymore of Satan's despicable words.

"Y-you're truly terrible..." Ruv choked in a near-whisper voice. Satan just nodded in agreement. "Ye got that right, Пижон! Now you can see how stupid this vow thingy is!"

"Of course- Cherry's smart enough to not trust YOU to hold her life on the line! Heh, she'd be donzo right away!"

Satan continued to chattering away, still in the Sarvente form, simplifying the tragic situation as if it was just a big joke— and it was to him.

"JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP!"

Satan immediately slammed his mouth shut and turned to Ruv. "Поьторйте?" He asked.

"I KNOW it's my fault, you don't have to fucking remind me that I'm responsible, YOU INSENSITIVE FUCK!"

Satan became silent, still in shock that Ruv had so much anger inside of him, anger enough to make him yell at Satan, even though he could kill him in a wink. Satan was truly impressed.

"...What is going on here.."

The boys immediately stopped what they were doing and looked towards the doorway. Lucifer was standing out there, flower already caved into her right eye. Flowers were also growing on her wings, and she looked like she was struggling to stand a bit. Ruv gasped lightly upon seeing the scene, and scrambled over to her, helping her stand.

"Thank you, my kit... now, what do you think you're doing.. Satan." She said kindly to Ruv, then glared at Satan.

"Playin' dress up." Satan answered plainly. "Seems you are too."

Lucifer clenched her teeth and lowly growled at her man child of a husband. "You don't realize how dire the situation truly is.. do you?" She asked him in a cold tone, extremely pissed off.

Satan (somehow) rolled his eyes. "Pfft, 'dire', 'magical vow', bullshit. Yeah, get back to me when ya done with this Shakespearean play you're puttin' on." He said, turning back into his true form as he flew off into the distance.

He didn't seem to notice the vine going out of Ruv's right eye, which ripped off his eyepatch..