Pleading | DEVOUR BUT IT'S NOT GOREY, AND IT'S ABOUT SARV THIS TIME

Sarvente panted as she slammed the bedroom door closed behind her, her heart pounded with fear. She knew Rakshasa was upset, but not this upset... all she wanted was to help him.

She made sure to keep her panicked breaths quiet as she heard Rakshasa scurry by her. She clasped her hands over her mouth to not make any noise.

She soon heard silence, and it just made her even more afraid.

She quickly looked for an exit, and noticed the vent.

Without a thought, she dashed to the other side of the room and hopped inside, accidentally dropping her veil in the process, but she didn't care to retrieve it.

As soon as she got inside, Rakshasa had burst into the room, roaring loudly in pent-up anger.

"Oh dear..." Sarvente whispered, taking no time to waste as she crawled through the small area.

She crawled for a few minutes, and finally found an exit, leading to the main area. There was a surplus of hiding places, perfect for her.

"Perhaps if I hide here, I'll have enough time to think up a way to save his poor soul!" She said to herself. "It's worth a shot..."

She jumped down and dashed for the last pew in the row, hiding behind it.

"Alright, now to think of an—"

A deafening roar cut her off, and she hitched her breath nervously.

"Hopefully he'll j-just leave?" She muttered softly.

Rakshasa sniffed around the area, and growled, picking up each pew with ease and tossing them to the back of the room carelessly.

Sarvente held her breath, attempting not to cry.

Before she knew it, the angry demon had her in his deathly grasp, squeezing her so tightly, she felt her ribs slowly being crushed.

"Oh, m-my dear! You've found me! N-n-now now, let's just c-calm down and think about this... alright?"

"P-please?" She squeaked, but he just got closer, and closer, until...

...

A mere few hours later, a plethora of patrons were lined up in front of the church, whispering in confusion to why the doors were not being opened to them for the daily mass.

The only one inside by now was Ruvyzvat, who was taken aback by the huge messes, broken windows, smashed vases, and cracked pillars, along with a fallen chandelier.

"Sarv? Sarv? SARV!" He called out, looking all over the church for Sarvente, after he had unexpectedly blacked out, and when he woke up, all he found was her torn veil.

"Jeez, what could've happened to her?" He muttered, holding the fabric tightly in his shaking hands and continuing to search around.

"Sarv? Sarv.. where are you?"