Neapol-ill-ton | SEQUEL TO ILL-REO

"No, no, Ruv, you don't need to—"

Sarvente tried to plead, before Ruv gave her a small peck on the lips, making her stop talking abruptly, and her face flushed hot pink.

Ruv looked at her with a stern look, though a bit flustered from giving her a mere kiss. "Yes, I do. It's my fault that you got sick, so it's my responsibility to care for you until you're back on your feet."

"But you already have so many things to—"

"Sarv."

"But I couldn't possibly be sick! I never get ill—"

"Sarv."

"It'll wear off soon enough, now please let me—"

"SARV."

Sarvente flinched at the raise of Ruv's tone. He rarely ever wished to shout, especially towards his dear... girlfriend, but her stubbornness was getting... irritable.

Ruv sighed, pinching the bridge of where his nose would be, and looked at Sarvente with what seemed to be a glare, though, knowing Ruv, she knew it was unintentional, since he didn't know how to properly display his emotions.

She couldn't help but feel guilty... she hadn't even done her daily chores today, and with the extra dangers around their town, Ruv would undoubtedly have to keep watch of the church, Heaven forbid someone broke in and stole precious artifacts. But she didn't want him to overwork himself... as always.

"Just... Slow down, calm down. Being stubborn will not help feel better. I will be fine. I thrived without a home, whilst stealing all the time, also commit a few murders and managed to hide all evidence, whilst being chased by the cops and never caught, AND have an annoying demon trying to take over my body all at the same time throughout my entire childhood and teen years. I will be okay. Поверь мне в этом."

Sarvente blinked in slight shock. She's been knew this information about Ruv, but hearing him word it like this made it all the more intense.

And even so, she was unsure, but she sighed in defeat and slunk into bed, holding the covers over her, above where her nose would be. "Fine." She huffed.

Ruv looked rather pleased and hummed as he stood up. "Good. I'll go get ya some medicine. Я люблю тебя." He leaned down and gave Sarvente a real kiss, before leaving the room.

Sarvente tried her best to lie in bed, just relaxing, doing nothing. She hummed a multitude of tunes to herself, braided and unbraided her own hair, and listened intently to the ticking clock, inwardly counting each second until Ruv returned.

It was absolutely torturous.

She should be cleaning, tending to her garden, cooking, taking a walk, ANYTHING than just laying around!

She felt so selfish so just sit there while Ruv was doing his best to tend for her needs, she had to go help...

She had decided. She hopped out of bed, yet stumbled back and hit her waist on the drawer, due to her head still feeling dizzy, and extremely hot... even past her own liking.

She looked to the ground in front of her, using the drawer for support. She could barely even see her own feet. Well, she could manage... right?

She walked forward, and immediately smacked herself into something. She nearly fell until she was caught by something.

"You okay?"

She sighed in relief, finally Ruv had returned... just in time too. She smiled and wrapped her arms around him softly, pressing her head to his chest. "You're back..." she muttered.

"And you should be in bed."

Fuck. She forgot about that. She let out a slight nervous giggle. "R-Right, right."

"Oh, also, you're burning my chest." Sarvente jolted up in response and immediately got off of him, sitting back down on the bed. "Eheh.. my bad." She rubbed her head awkwardly.

"'S fine. But stay in bed, please, you're making me worried." Ruv said, laying her back down. Sarvente felt a pang of guilt strike her heart.

"By the way, I got these." Ruv pulled out a thermometer and some ibuprofen. He placed the thermometer in her mouth immediately.

And it overloaded and broke just as quickly. "I'm... sure that's normal." Ruv said, expression unwavered.

"Here, take these." Ruv handed her the bottle. "How many do you suppose I take?" Sarvente asked.

"Mm... I dunno, alla them? I heard just ten of these can fuck up a normal human,so they should be good for you."

"Haha, I suppose so..." Sarvente said a bit nervously before taking the entire bottle.

"Cool, so Imma go do your chores for you, and you can stay here and re—"

"No, no! I can't let you do that! I must complete my own tasks, Ruvvy! I mustn't place such a burden on your poor soul!" She placed her hands on his cheeks, and he winced in response to how hot they feel, though she didn't seem to notice.

"Sarv, no." Ruv huffed, taking her hands off from him. "You will stay here and rest, whether you like it or not. If there's anything you need me to do for you, just tell me."

Sarvente hesitated, but ultimately sighed. "There is... one thing I'd like you to do for me."

Ruv raised a brow in curiosity. "Oh? What is it?"

Sarvente held her hand out. "C-could you hold my hand? I know I can't really get all touchy with you, Heaven forbid you become sick again, but I think... knowing you're with me will make me feel a lot better."

Ruv made a small half-smile in response, then did the forbid and held Sarvente's hand, squeezing it a bit unintentionally, though all Sarvente really cared was about how comforting it made her feel.

"Thank you, Ruvvy... Je t'aime tellement. " Sarvente murmured, feeling her eyes slowly start to close.

"Я тоже тебя люблю, Сарвентэ...» Ruv whispered back to her, kissing her forehead. He waiting for her to fully go to sleep, before pulling the covers over her and getting up to leave the room, so he could do both of their chores for her.