Chapter 1

Oyakata-sama send the young demon slayer out on a mission today. He told M/n a demon was attacking a small village in the mountains.

M/n thought that it shouldn't be an extremely hard mission since the demon was probably a weak one. Though he wondered how many it had already killed.

M/n wasted no time thinking about such questions anymore. Instead he was quickly walking towards his estate to grab his katana.

Why he left it there? He simply forgot it.  Nothing else to be said.

Ugh I shouldn't have left it there The [hair color] male thought annoyed. I should hurry up. I can avoid more death that way.

As he started running, he heard a female voice calling him. M/n instantly stopped.

"Ara Ara~ where are you running to, L/n-san?" the small black haired female asked him, her signature smile never leaving her face.

"Oh, Kocho-san. Master sent me out on a mission so I was going to my estate to grab my katana." He told her.

She really can't leave me alone huh M/n mentally sighed.

He didn't bother looking at her any longer so M/n ignored her and went on with reaching his estate again. Till once again Shinobu started talking.

I swear to God this woman really has nothing better to do than annoy me

The boy started feeling frustrated. M/n had a mission to fulfill, afterall the demon won't kill itself. So it was his duty to kill it and save the humans the demon was a threat to.

"Eh~ it's not nice to leave your friends without saying goodbye you know l/n-san"

I dont remember being friends with her

"Kocho-san" he finally called out to her as he once again stopped walking. "Yes l/n-san?"

"I am sorry but I need to leave now. I have a mission to fulfill, I cannot waste any more time."

"Hm~ I see. Then have fun at your mission, l/n-san."

"Goodbye Kocho-san" He quickly turned his head around and started running again.

"Sayonara l/n-san be careful" The woman behind him said, quietly.

M/n was still able to catch what she said even if it sounded this quiet.

A small smile appeared on his lips. Even if he sometimes disliked Shinobu, he still knew she cared about him and the other Hashira's.

The smile quickly disappeared as he brought his mind back to the mission.

Thanks god my estate isn't that far away from the butterfly mansion
This was the first ans probably last time he was grateful for living near Shinobu.

After M/n got his katana, he walked towards the door, opening it.
Before he could even step outside his crow started chirping.

"CAW CAW. Head to mountain Kumotori in Okutama." He heard his crow chirp again. It flew a couples of times over the [hair color] male's head back and forth till it landed on top of his head.

What the-

"Get off of my head!" M/n yelled at it.

He threw his arm over his head, trying to get the crow off but failed. The crow didn't move an inch.

Seems like it doesn't want to get off of my head huh The boy sighed. He crossed his arms, ignoring the crow on his head, and started running towards the location he needed to go to.