chapter 18

A few days have passed since M/n came back from his parent's house.

These past few days have been all pretty much the same.

M/n got assigned a mission and he went there. He found the demon and killed it, returning back afterwards.

Tanjiro and his friends still didn't come back. M/n was worrying a bit.

Maybe the location is far away He thought to keep himself from worrying.

The boy was still sitting outside his estate, admiring the clear sky. He knew he soon had to train with another Hashira. Though he doesn't know who.

He hoped it wouldn't be Sanemi. He was just too impulsive and quick to lash out. He just didn't know how to act with him without Sanemi getting mad.

M/n sighed and stood up from the chair he was sitting on.

Maybe I'll get Kocho-san as my training partner. That would be pretty nice, I suppose. He started walking.

As M/n kept on walking, he heard a voice calling out for him.

He turned around and saw Mitsuri.

"Hello L/n-san! How are you?" She immediately asked and jogged next to M/n's side.

"Good morning Kanroji-san. I am fine, how are you?" He looked at her.

"I am good aswell. Are you already excited for the training? I haven't trained with another Hashira for a while" She said, smiling even brighter.

Mitsuri seemed very excited about the whole training thing compared to M/n.

"Well I suppose I am a bit excited" M/n finally answered. He kept his glance away from Mitsuri. Instead he looked in front of him.

"Kanroji-san, now that I have the chance to ask, I would like to know why your katana is so bendable. Is there any specific reason to that?" After the first time he saw Mitsuri's katana he was curious about why it is this bendable. He never really got the chance to ask so he thought now would be a good time.

"Uhm when I am using my love breathing techniques I need to be really flexible and fast. My sword was specifically made like this. It's easier using a flexible sword then a regular one while performing love breathing techniques."

"So it is true that you are one of the fastest Hashiras then" M/n said, finally looking at her.

"I.." Mitsuri's face immediately starting heating up by the compliment.

"U-uhm Uzui-san is still much faster than me!" Her hands went up to her read cheeks and covered them.

"Kanroji-san there's really no need to be embarrassed." M/n tried calming her down by putting his hand on her shoulder aswell.

This Sadly made Mitsuri even more flustered.

Before M/n even noticed, they both reached Master's estate. There all the other Hashira's were assembled already.

"Good morning L/n-san. I see you brought Kanroji-san with you aswell." Shinobu was the first to greet M/n and Mitsuri.

"Hello to you too Kocho-san." He simply answered.

Shinobu smiled and waved at Mitsuri who was still flustered from before but she returned the action.

"I think most of the Hashira's already got together in two. I sadly do not know who's still free." She turned around and looked at the others talking with eachother. Giyuu was of course standing somewhere in the corner.