chapter 6

I thought standing on the tree would give me a better view, well I was wrong. I couldn't see very far. The many trees were blocking my view.

Ugh this won't help my only choice is to go back down and look around

I jumped back down from the tree landing perfectly on the ground. I continued on following the path that lead me into the forest.

The further I went into the forest, the more cocoons I saw hanging on the tree. Is this the blood demon art the demon possess?

It could be a possibility. The chances that there are more demons lurking around here is pretty high aswell considering how large Mountain Natagumo is.

Either way I need to find it fast and meet up with Kocho-san again. I wonder if she has found anything yet..

I shook my head trying to forget everything going on inside there. I need to focus.

I placed my hand on my katana just in case I need to pull it out. My grip on it tighten as I fasten up my speed.

The path continued on for a while till it split in half. Right and left. I hate this

I stopped in front of the two paths. Let's just go right Satisfied with my decision I continued on running through the right path.

I looked around hoping to find anything useful regarding the demon. I sighed defeated when I couldn't find anything. Not even the typical demon smell was in the air.

Maybe the left path was the right one in the end? I wished I could turn back time and choose the other part. But what's done is done.

Wait

I stopped as soon as I saw something ingrained in the tree. On the tree could be seen big scratches.

I took a step forward to the tree. I wasn't suprised as the typical demon smell tickled my nose.

I finally found something that could lead me to the demon. Now it's only a matter of time till I find it and behead it.

It won't be very difficult to find it considering the scratches are on every second tree. I would only need to follow them and soon I would meet up with the creature.

With that I started running again. Following scratches on trees at nighttime seems quite annoying but there's still a faint smell of the demon in this area.

If I won't see the scratches anymore I would still have another chance; following the scent.

...

I was following the scratches for quite some time now and still haven't found the demon.

In the air is now another scent one that I haven't smelled before. It smells familiar. I knew this scent from somewhere but I cannot make up from where.

I pushed those thoughts out off my head once again.

....

The bloody scent in the air got worse every second. I quickened up my speed, hoping I will reach the source of this scent sooner.

I heard a few wood sticks Crack under my feet while I was running. The wind blew through the air blowing my hair into every direction.

In the distance I heard quiet... voices?
I wondered who is out in the woods this late at night knowing bloodthirsty creatures are looking for their prey.

I slowed down not wanting them to notice me. I was for once glad for all the bushes and trees on this mountain. It was an easy but effective hiding place.