chapter 5

I am really sorry for this late update, please forgive me T-T

I woke up when I felt someone lightly shaking me. I slowly opened my eyes hoping deep down it isn't Kocho.
"Ara ara~ You finally decided to wake up, hm" said the female I was hoping not see.

"Yes I did. Is it already time for our mission?" What a dumb question y/n... it's literally night time I mentally scolded myself.

Kocho looked up to the sky. Gazing at the stars. "A beautiful night, isn't it?" She asked me out of the blue. I sighed and looked up aswell.

I never paid a lot attention to the stars. Mostly because I only get out at night to kill the demon I was assigned to.

It is quite nice sitting in front of my estate and looking up at the stars.

"Indeed. The night sky looks beautiful today" The sky is clear, no clouds, perfect for stargazing.

What a shame we spend this beautiful night somewhere hunting demons down.

"Well well l/n-san. I think we should hurry up now. Demons won't wait for us." She's right. If we don't go now, we end up bringing more life's in danger

I stood up. "You're right Kocho-san. Let's hurry up" with that I hold out my hand to kocho. "Since when do you help others to stand up" reaching for my hand she couldn't stop chuckling.

"Ungrateful..." I mumbled under my breath. "What was that, l/n-san, I think I didn't quite understood what you said"

"Nothing important, Kocho-san."

Our mission was on Mountain Natagumo. There is said to be a demon from the twelve Kizuki.

Kocho-san and me started running towards our assigned location. Kocho-san is really fast who thought someone as small as her has such speed?

"So tell me l/n-san, are you excited for our mission. Hm~"
Of course she would ask me that. I sighed at looked back at her.

"The demon we are supposed to behead  sounds stronger than the ones I had to fight for a while. So saying I wouldn't be, even the slightest, existed would be lying." I truthfully told her.

Kocho only nodded her head.

Our run was silent from there on. I am glad she did not ask any other questions.

I don't like getting a lot of questions. It makes me feel like someone is... testing me. Just waiting for me till I say something wrong.

Maybe Kocho-san got the hint that I feel quite uncomfortable getting bombed with questions, so she stopped. Atleast for now.

After reaching Mountain Natagumo•

Here it is again.. the so hated smell of blood

The blood scent was really strong. Everyone with a sensitive nose would feel like dying.

The blood scent comes from everywhere. I can't make up where the demon is supposed to be.

I stop in my tracks when we reached a small path that leads into the forest.

"Kocho-san, I think it might be better if we split up. That would make it easier for us to find the demon as soon as possible" I waited a few seconds for her answer.

"You're right l/n-san. We'd be faster if we split up"

With that I started walking down the path. The mountain is quite big so finding one single demon would take some time.