chapters 15

Soon [Mother's name] finished cooking and appeared behind the two males.

"I'll bring you guys the [favorite dish]. I hope you like it." She smiled and patted M/n's head and shortly after walked back to the kitchen to bring the finished meal to the table.

"Here you go" she placed the plate in front of M/n.

"Thanks a lot mom" He looked up and thanked her.

His mother didn't say anything else but instead kept on smiling at him.

"One second, I'll bring you your plate now aswell [Father's name]. (Honestly no idea if other married couples still call each other by their actual names and not by some pet names- literally just based this off of my parents behavior💀) Don't think I forgot you" She laughed before disappearing once again.

"I got worried for a minute there. I really did thought [Mother's name] forgot about me after our son came back" He laughed at his own joke.

Hearing his father laugh again, made M/n chuckle aswell.

He was happy to see both of them hadn't changed a bit.

"Why are you guys laughing so much? Did something happen?" [Mother's name] got curious and asked her son and husband from the kitchen.

"Haha don't worry about it. Me and M/n were just laughing about my unnecessary worry"

Shortly after he said that, M/n's Mother already came back with her and [Father's name] plate and placed it on the table.

She sat down on the floor.

"Enjoy your meal" She said before picking up the chopsticks next to her on the table and picking up the rice bowl with her other hand.

"This tastes delicious mom. The taste is exactlyhow I remember it" M/n said after he took a bite of his meal.

"That's great to hear. I am glad you like it"

"It indeed tastes delicious, my dear." [Father's name] complimented his wife, smiling at her. He quickly returned back to his food.

She smiled at him and acknowledged the given compliment.

"Now let's not talk about my cooking anymore. M/n you wanted to tell us about your new found friends, right? I am already so excited to hear about them" her curious eyes stared into M/n's. He knew he couldn't change the subject anymore after his mother found such interest in it.

"I'd like to hear about them aswell. Did you also find a girlfriend?" His father laughed at M/n.

The male only glared at his father.

"There is no girl I have interest in. Anyway. Let's just not talk about my 'girlfriend' but rather about my friends, doesn't that sound better?" M/n couldn't blame his father for not knowing he doesn't have a big interest in girls. Afterall he never told them anything about his attraction towards guys.

He found out a while ago and since then planned on telling them. Afterall he never knew how much time he had left. Sadly, his nervousness stopped him everytime.

Maybe he will soon tell them. He was thinking about it quite a bit. Maybe today. Maybe tomorrow. He doesn't know yet.

All he knew is that his parents deserved to know something about him that no one else knew after leaving them for so long without even writing them a letter to let them know he was okay and soon would come to visit them.

Maybe now would be the right time?

M/n thought for a few seconds but decided against it. He didn't want to ruin this night for them. So he kept it to himself once again.

"Most of my friend are pretty loud I must say. Some are just beaming of confidence. Some just like to keep to themselves. As different as we all might be, I still love them. Kocho-san is definitely the most annoying of them. She likes to tease people a lot. Especially Tomioka-san. The poor guy can't even have one day without Kocho-san's constant teasing. But they always try to help other's, which is really nice." He smiled.

"They sound like very kind people. I am glad you chose such nice people as your friends." His mother said.

"Yes they indeed are."

"I would love to meet them one day!"

"Ah well. I think I could try and plan something?" He answered his mother. He knew his parents would never meet them. He trusted the other Hashira's but letting them meet his parents? No, that's too much. Especially Mitsuri. She sometimes forget what she's even saying and blurts out everything.

He cannot let them reveal anything about the demon slayer corps. This was a secret he would take to the grave.

"That would be lovely."

"Oh. It's getting late. M/n please go and rest. You had a long way till here. You need to let your body rest." His Mother noticed the dark sky through the window.

"You're right. I'll go then. But are you sure you don't need any help cleaning up, mom?" He slowly stood up from the sitting position.

"I am sure I don't. And if I need help, I still have your father here. Now go" She  stood up aswell and pushed him towards his room.

As they reached the door, she let go.

"Good night, M/n. Sleep well" Her hand caressed his cheek and she planted a soft kiss on M/n's forehead before letting go of him.

"Good night mom and dad." He said before opening the door and stepping in his room.

As the door closed, he let out a sigh.

Now I just need to wait till they fall asleep and then I can rush down the path and get my katana. Sounds like a plan The boy thought.

M/n's thoughts were interrupted by a soft knock on the door.

He quickly turned, facing the door before opening it.

"Sorry for disturbing you now, but you said I should wash your Haori. Can you give it to me now? It'll be clean by tomorrow again" His mother softly spoke.

"I totally forgot. I'll give it to you. Thanks a lot again mom." He smiled before pulling the Haori off his body and giving it to his Mother's stretched out arm.

"Now I'll let you sleep in peace" she chuckled as she held M/n's Haori in her hands.

With that the door closed again.

The boy sat down on the futon, which was placed in the middle of the room.

He got himself comfortable in it and waited till the soft snores of his parents would appear.

With every passing minute, the boy noticed how his eyelids were starting to feel heavier.

He was fighting against the sleepy feeling. He couldn't fall asleep now. That would ruin his whole plan.

Unfortunately for the [hair color] male, the thing he didn't hope for happened; he fell asleep.