Archive Twelve

Chapter Name: Melting of the Ice

Indry PoV

" S̸̗̉̉̍̊̓̚ẗ̶̖̙̜̱̭́͘ͅó̸̜̤̬̹̜̤͂̂͠ṗ̶̹̩̃   " I said, still thinking about the future of the claw's trajectory.

I managed to say it just in time, the claw was miliseconds away from reaching Yuki's flesh. Time stopped.

The fear of my son dying got replaced by the burning pain of stopping time. I can't use this for too long, but this is an emergency. Every minute here will take away one hour from my lifetime. I safely put the human and the two little dragons on the snow, and got to the two enemy dragons. I can't just take Yuki, they would get after us. So, I did what I needed to do, and killed them both.

Right after my claw pierced through the second dragon's heart, I sighed and took Yuki, Samui and the two dwarfs, and started flying. After about two minutes of flying, I landed on Dragon's Valley and put the four children on the floor.

The time was frozen, so I dissipated the spell. I fell down on the floor because of the exhaustion, and I could feel my vision becoming weak and blurry. The last thing I saw before passing out was Yuki, and he was alive.

Yuki PoV

W-What just happened?

I was moments away from death and... I could feel something behind my back, but then I got here...

I gazed at my surroundings and saw Samui, the two dragon prototype and my dad, who was... sleeping?

I was about to wake him up, but I heard a flap of wings behind me, and there were arround 10-12 dragons. Fortunately, it was from my country. I gazed at each one of them, trying to see a familiar face, but I couldn't.

Then, one of the dragons spoke to me.

"Hey... uh... What happened to Indry- I mean, what happened to General Indry?" The white dragon, roughly five times my size, gazed at my dad, and then at me, his brown eyes showing more confusion than I could ever sense.

"I... I don't know." I said, looking at my claws. "It was... strange. I was about to be killed, and I could feel something hot touching my back, but then I appeared here and-"

"He used his skill?" A familiar voice said behind me, I turn to my back and see my mom with Lumi. 

"Skill? What skill?" I said, looking at mom.

"Nothing..." She said. "I'll explain later, we need to evacuate. I'll hide here with Indry, take everyone with you Kyle." My mom said to me, then made an order to Kyle, the dragon who spoke to me earlier. I hopped on the back of one of the dragons, with my sister,Samui,Yuri and Uray.

As we were flying off, I could see the landscape of the entire Tundra, and the snow was melting. Red dots could be seen on the distance, they were the dragons who invaded our country. Melting the mountain tops, hurting the land.

It was gone. The thing that made this land... this land. Evertything was melting, villages being burnt, people being killed, dragons falling from the skies. I didn't spend much time here, so I'm not very sad, but these drago- no, my kind spent their entire lives here.

~~ Time Skip: 5 Days. ~~

We spent the past 5 days flying, we didn't saw the threat of the Fire Sovereign and his soldiers, all cities nearby were colonized by them. All this time spent, and this is just flying. The wolves, humans and foxes will have a bad time passing through this part of the journey.

We managed to get togheter with the rest of the dragons yesterday, there are about 50 dragons who survived the attack, and 24 of them, including me, are less than 35 yeas old, wich for dragons, means they aren't adults.

Dad recovered quite fast, Mom said that about 1 hour after we left, he woke up. I want to ask about dad's skill, but I think it's not the time. No one in this trip said a single word. Everyone must be very tense.

~~ Time Skip: 15 days ~~

We left the continent.

We flew through the land for about five more days after the other dragons reunited with us. This makes me remember about the wars from my past world. People running to other countries because of war.

This is exactly what I- no, we were experiencing.

I was staring at the deep sea, thinking about what happened with that skill thing.

I tried talking to Sol, but he wasn't awnsering.

'Nexy, are you still angry at me?' I asked, trying to start a conversation.

'Why would I be angry?' The dragon said, laying down in front of me.

'You wasn't anwsering me for some time, I thought it would be something to do with Sol. Also, why did my mana mark activated?' I asked.

'Oh, sorry, I that was something to do with the... uh... well...'

'It's fine if you don't want to tell me.' I said. 'There's some secrets no one wants to share.'

'No, it's not that I don't want. It's because I don't know if I can tell.'

'Wh- Actually, okay, asking would only bring problems with my experience of: reading novels.' I said, and tried to think of something to do. 'Wait- I didn't contacted you just to have an explanation about why weren't you talking to me, what is a skill exactly?'

'A skill? It's a spell that only one mana mark can cast. Every mana mark is different from one another, and the skill are too. Some skills are weak for combat, useful for other things, like Sol's skill, teleportation. And there's skills that can do crazy stuff. Like how your dad stops time.'

'He stops what?'

'Time itself. But there's a cost for every skill. Normal ones cost only mana, but in your dad's case, his own lif-'

'How do you know about that?'

'I- It's um... eh... a secret.'

'You can't tell me even that? Come on, I'm your ''owner'',  just tell me. If you're sucking off a dragon will  to get these informations, I won't judge you.'

'It's not that. I really wish I could tell you, but I really can't.'

"Yuki?" Samui asked, touching my tail.

"Don't touch my tail!" I said, but then I questioned: Why I said that?

"Oh, sorry, so, you said you were from the same world as mine, right?" He asked.

"Yeah, I think so. Your way of walking looks like a normal one, and I saw how Fyrus walk, and humans don't walk right on this world"

"Look, if you're gonna speak bad about the Soveregin, at least don't shout it." Dad said to me, while scratching his arm.

"Sorry." I said.

"So, how did you died?" Samui asked me. "I was going to home after getting some coffe, and then a car hit me. I actually survived, but in the hospital, some doctor dropped his coffe on the wires that kept me alive and wel... I died"

"Thats... not a way to start a conversation but... okay I guess. I got struck by lightning." I sat down and looked at my arms. "I died instantly, and then appeared on my egg. I was human too, but now I like that I was reborn into a dragon. It's a new experience."

"I wish I had your luck, I passed through school for a second time and, although it had magic, it sucked."

"Oh, well, then I like this body even more, I'll not pass through school again, and so, I'll not be stressed by the-"

"You will go to school when you're 2 years old." Dad said.

"Wha- WHY?" I asked, almost falling off of him.

"Dragons aren't human, are they? You'll need to learn how to fly propely. Me and your mom will only teach you the basics, but this doesn't mean that you'll be an expert. And also, there will be plenty of opportunities for you to find a magic teacher."

"Wait, find?" I asked.

"In dragon schools, you'll need to find a teacher for an specific subject. In your case, there'll just be four. The flying teacher, The magic teacher, The physical teacher, and the breeding teacher."

"Why breeding? I- It's a school for kids, not for adults."

"You need to learn it somewhere, don't you?"

"I guess so." I said, gazing at the sky. "But I don't want to have a part-"

"Life isn't just this thing you're thinking." Dad said. "We need to have someone our age to be with us for the rest of our lives. Most of the dragons don't breed, because it's hard to, but this isn't the point." He started to slow down. "We weren't made for  loneliness."

I was so focused on his speech, that I didn't even noticed that we landed on a island- no, another continent.

In front of us, there were two dragons. A fire one, and a water one. The water one was the size of my father, but the fire one was about my size. Maybe it's there because it doesn't accept what his sovereign did to everyone? I don't know.

"Welcome to the Kingdom of Water, how may we help you?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N - I noticed that there's too much breeding ''jokes'' on this entire ''novel''. So I think I'm cringe now.

Also sorry if it's bad :(