Chapter Fifteen: The Plan to Seduce

Mia set the book she had been reading in her lap and glanced up at her husband. He seemed extremely handsome as he sat at his dark wooden desk, working on his laptop. Sunlight poured in from the window behind him, casting an otherworldly glow around his body. Amazed by his striking beauty, Mia could not pull her gaze away from him.

An hour and a half earlier, Gavin led her to the library, and she had expected him to take the first step in their relationship. No one was in the condo except for the two of them. Smythe and Mrs. Graves had left for the day with Emma, Maddie, and Liam to purchase them new clothes and belongings. Instead of her fantasies coming to life, she read a romance novel in an armchair, which did not help quiet her mind. To make matters worse, her husband appeared oblivious to her apparent frustrations.

They sat in amiable silence, and usually, she would have been ecstatic because of the comfortable atmosphere. Yet, she wanted more. Mia pulled her eyes away from her husband and picked up her book. She flipped through the pages and quickly skimmed over the words without reading them. What could she say to break the silence?

Gavin was always kind to her. Lately, she felt as though he was acting standoffish. She wanted to know what was on his mind, but a wall had formed between them, preventing her from approaching him. Mia desired to learn more about him. However, if she were to gain that knowledge, would he be closer to her than now?

He said he feared hurting her, but what did he mean by that? Even though she was a virgin, Mia knew what took place between a man and a woman. She read many romance novels to know that much. Maybe, he feared losing control of himself and being too rough with her. She knew it was supposed to hurt, but she was not afraid to be with him. So, why was Gavin afraid if she wasn't?

Gavin did not have to worry about anything because she would seduce him. Mia only had to gather the courage first to begin her plan and to start, she needed to gain his attention. She set the book down on the side table next to her before clearing her throat. Gavin glanced up from the documents he read in his hand. If she could only say something to keep his attention, she would be ready to seduce him.

"Do you have a moment? I'd like to talk to you." She straightened in her seat and waited for him to respond.

Gavin observed her before he set the documents down and closed his laptop. "Sure. What would you like to talk about?"

"I don't know how to say this, but I feel like you're being too kind to me."

"I don't understand. I'm being too kind? Do you want me to be mean?" He asked, exasperated.

"No," she responded, standing from her seat. She walked over to him. He turned in his office chair to face her. "I don't know how to explain this. So, I'll show you instead."

"Mia, what are you talking about?"

Mia leaned down toward Gavin. She placed her hands on his shoulders and kissed him on the mouth. He gently pushed her away. His surprised face wounded her pride.

"You see," Mia whispered with tears in her eyes. "This is what I was trying to explain."

With an agonized groan, Gavin explained, "I don't want to hurt you."

"Hurt me, Gavin," she confessed, trembling. "I don't know what you are so afraid of. But please, don't run from me."

Gavin reached up to touch her but hesitated. Mia grabbed his hand and brought it to her face. She nuzzled against his open palm and kissed his fingertips. "It'll be okay. Trust me."

"Damn it, Mia," he groaned with his eyes closed. "I was trying to do the right thing. If I lose control, run. You must promise me you will."

She did not understand what he meant, but she would honor what he asked if it meant so much to him. "I promise."