Chapter 3

During the ceremony next day, Lan Wangji glance over at Wei Wuxian who just standing there not saying anything or even causing trouble. This worry him, but he still keep an eye on Wei Wuxian since he remembered what they talk about last night.

They all stand listen to one of the Lan clan read the rule of their clan. This is what they are reading, "The natural world is the origin of everything. The devotion of creeds of Lan play a decisive role. Clear reason, inquire doubt, state opinion, summarize wits. The four should admonish you."

Once he finish saying this, all the students have Lan Qiren three bow and one now to the floor. Soon after that they walk behind their desk, that is when the same Lan disciple begin to read the rule is was over three thousand five hundred rule.

Every now and then Lan Wangji glance over at Wei Wuxian to see how he is doing. Just like before nothing happen beside standing still.

When that Lan finish reading, he call the Jin clan to come up to give the gift to Lan Qiren. Then it was the Nie turn, soon it was the Jiang clan turn. When Jiang Cheng is about to make his presentation Wen Chao step into the room.

Wen Chao was making a scene causing Wei Wuxian to speak up, "My shidi Jiang Cheng was about to saluted to Grandmaster Lan. You came in here shouting and yelling like this? Is this how the Wen clan educated their people."

Wen Chao once again is making a scene, because of what Wei Wuxian just said. "Wen gongzi. Is just one wrong word, why are you being so aggressive?" Wen Chao shouted at at Jiang Cheng and Wei Wuxian for speaking out of line and don't know how to respect the Wen clan.

The Wen disciple circle around Wen Chao as they pull out their sword. Lan Wangji see the changes in Wei Wuxian, he rush over to his side, "Wei Ying don't," he stop Wei Wuxian from pulling out his sword.

Lan Xichen is surprise to see his brother who went to stop Wei Wuxian from fighting with Wen Chao. He look over at his Shifu who nodded his head. He play on his Xiao, all of the sword left their owner hand, and float into the air. When Lan Xichen stop playing, it went down and the sword hit the floor.

Before Wen Chao can speak up or cause even more trouble, a girl step up, "My name is Wen Qing, I was order by Xiandu to study here in Cloud Recesse. This is my first time here and so is my little brother, Wen Ning. Please forgive us, we don't know your rule. This is our gift to Grandmaster Lan," Wen Qing hold the gift in front for Lan Xichen to take.

Lan Xichen turn around to look at his Shifu, "if that so, then I will accept your gift." Lan Xichen take the box from Wen Qing. "Wen gongzi the ceremony is over. Please return to your guest room and come to class early tomorrow."

When Wen Chao is gone, Lan Zhan let go of Wei Wuxian who calm himself down. Wei Wuxian breath out, he sat down with his head in his hand. 'That's right, I need to calm down. Calm down Wei Wuxian, calm down.'

"Wei Ying."

"Wei gongzi, do you need to go to the healer?" Lan Xichen asked.

"No....no....is fine," that was all Wei Wuxian said as he went silent. 'Can't show my weak side. I can't show them my true self.'

'Wei Ying. He holding himself back,' "Wei Ying," With Lan Wangji soft voice calling out his name, Wei Wuxian turn to look at him.

"Wangji, why don't you take Wei gongzi to the healer?" Lan Wangji know what his brother is talking about.

"Mn," Lan Wangji help Wei Wuxian up along with the help from Jiang Cheng. The two left from there as everyone in the room wondering what is wrong with Wei Wuxian they never seen him behave like this before, even his sibling is worrying about him as well.

Lan Wangji end up taken Wei Wuxian back to Jingshi, where no one is allow to enter without his permission. "Wei Ying," Wei Wuxian look around him, "how come no one know about this place?"

Lan Wangji take him to a place that have a flat big rock in the middle and he sat the two of them down on that rock. The place is next to a water fall that over look the mountain.

"This place is very quiet. Try to calm your mind and spiritual energy, I know that you are holding back yourself but here to can let it go."

Wei Wuxian did just that he let go of everything inside of him with a breathing session. "There isn't a place like this in Yunmeng well there is one but no one care to leave me be. I just want to be alone, want to think for myself, I couldn't get that. I always get disturb by someone or by one of the Jiang disciple."

"You can come here any time or any day you want. Just let your sibling know, you don't want them to worry about you do you?"

"I know and thank you," Wei Wuxian went back to meditate to calm down himself.

At this exact moment Lan Wangji pull out his Wangji to play a calm melody for Wei Wuxian to listen while he meditate to calm down his inner self.

The melody reverberate throughout the mountain, even the Lan clan and other clan can hear it as well. They stop to listen to this calm and relaxing melody that come from somewhere within Cloud Recesse.

"That must be Wangji," Lan Xichen and Lan Qiren looked at each other after the ceremony is over, the two of them are in Lan Qiren to discuss about the behavior coming from the Wen clan, especially how the burn mark on the Lan disciple might come from the fire from the Wen clan.

"I notice how different Wei Wuxian is......he not like what people describe of him."

"Shifu, you notices as well?"

Lan Qiren nodded his head, "Does Wangji know something about Wei Wuxian that we don't know about?"

"Shifu, if Wangji want to tell us then he will," Lan Qiren understand what Lan Xichen is talking about and the two of them went back to discuss what to do with the Wen clan.

Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian stay there until night fall, "Wei Ying."

Wei Wuxian opened his eye, he see that it is already night time, "How long have we been here?"

"About 7 hour now, how do you feel?"

"A lot better but I'm kind of hungry."

"Then let's head back to Jingshi, I will make you something to eat."

"M...m....m....make something?! You can cook!"

"Mn."

"Then do you have any spice? No offense but I don't like to eat something that is so bland."

"I don't but I will go buy them for you if you like?"

"Okay."

So the two left from there. Lan Wangji suggest that Wei Wuxian stay for the night since it is already curfew and he will get in trouble if he get caught going back to his room at this hour.
🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸
Third chapter is done! How is it? Enjoy now!"