I

hyung - way of referring to an older friend in Korea

How do you want to die?

PROLOGUE SAVED BY THE DEVIL

PROLOGUE
SAVED BY THE DEVIL

━━━━━━━━━━━

In an abandoned warehouse in the middle of nowhere, a tied man sat on a chair. He was blindfolded with his arms behind the metal chair, tied so tightly with a rope that it would leave a deep mark later. He was surrounded by gang members as they searched through his short contacts list on his phone. They seemed to be struggling with something.

"Fuck—hey you, do you not have anyone that would respond to the ransom call?"

One of the gangsters spoke, pointing a blade at his neck but he didn't seem to be fazed in the slightest. Rather, one would say he was too unfazed.

"I told you already. My mom's in jail, my dad's dead, and I don't have a lover or kids."

The man clicked his tongue, frowning at his rude demeanor until he reached the end of the contacts list and found a foreigner's name with a heart at the end. He grinned and finally spoke.

"[Y/N]? Is that the name of your boyfriend?"

Kim Dokja tensed up once he uttered those words, a smile struggling not to appear on his face at the opportunity that laid itself on a platter in front of him.

"You don't want to do that."

"Oh? And why is that?"

"I'm saying this for your own sake, but he's a real crazy guy. Who knows what he'll do to you once he finds this place."

The gangsters laughed at Kim Dokja's confidence, wondering if he has balls of steel or if he's just bluffing as a last-ditch resort. They dialed the phone number and called [Y/N]. It rang for a few devastatingly long seconds until it finally clicked and a man's deep, almost melodic voice answered the phone.

"Hyung? What's up?"

They placed the phone towards Dokja's ear and motioned for him to speak, shoving a gun to his forehead threateningly. It was saying that if he said a single wrong thing, his brain would be plastered along the concrete ground.

"[Y/N], I'm being held for ransom. They want 30,000 dollars USD wired to them in an hour."

It went silent for a moment.

"Are you in good condition? Did they hurt you?"

There was an unknown emotion in his tone like he was suppressing his urge to laugh or make a mocking comment. He didn't sound concerned in the slightest.

"Yes, I'm okay. Will you save me? It's technically all your fault I got targeted by gangsters anyway."

"Hmm...I'll save you only if you yell with a big smile, 'come save me, Constellation Killer!'"