XXIII

The blood is on my hands.

TWENTY THREEGUILT

TWENTY THREE
GUILT

━━━━━━━━━━━

As (Y/N) gripped the burning blade tightly, scorching his skin with it's selfishly selfless heat, he closed his eyes.

"I will send you off painlessly, my dear."

Shin Yoosung grinned, extending her arms out to (Y/N) as if she wanted him to hug her.

"Please, kill me."

He ran towards her and lunged with his sword, aiming it at her heart, but the blade was blocked in her fingers. (Y/N) cried out as he used all his strength to push the sword through her skin, the tip of the blade touching the core of her chest and causing blood to trickle down her body.

Disaster Shin Yoosung gripped the blade of his sword as tightly as she could, ignoring the way it's scorching light burned through her palm and the flesh evaporated as she threw his greatsword across the ashen plain. Almost instantly afterward, she pulled her fist back and punched his face with all her strength, the ache of his broken nose incomparable to the ache of her heart seeing the blood rush out.

But, controlled by the strings of the star stream, they both stepped forward again.

(Y/N) grit his teeth, coated in red as the blood from his nose dropped down his lips, before grabbing her wrist and banging his head against her own. Once. Twice. Thrice. He didn't stop until both their faces were bloody with the vital fluid escaping their temples.

Ignoring the aching of his skull, (Y/N) didn't relent and twisted his body to kick the side of Shin Yoosung's ribs, landing the hit and cracking one of her ribs.

As they fought, no one else could move, as if entranced or even terrified of their combat power. It was almost like they were watching a battle between two people who knew each other's techniques best, their battle appearing like a beautiful ballroom dance when their footsteps coordinated with one another.

This was no fight to the death.

It was one final goodbye.

(Y/N) could now hear Shin Yoosung's thoughts as she neared the end of her lifespan.

[He will punch me in the stomach. I'll block it.]

Instead of doing so, he feinted punching her to give an uppercut to the jaw. Shin Yoosung lost her footing for a moment, touching the hardened flesh and feeling it sting painfully.