III

When did things start to go wrong?

❝When did things start to go wrong?❞

THREE
A VILLAIN'S BELOVED

━━━━━━━━━━━

[Due to the severity of your emotions, the skill 'Wall of Calamity' has increased your stats by 25]

He couldn't even take the time to admire how strong he felt as he ran across the terrain and onto the bridge, extending his hand out to Dokja. His friend looked shocked that he was there and smiled happily before reaching out his hand.

The tips of their fingers just about barely reached each other's but (Y/N) couldn't grab his hand and clasped the air. He had to watch Dokja fall into the water, a monster with its mouth open was waiting for him to enter it already.

At that moment, everything slowed down and he heard a notification sounding.

[The skill 'Wall of Calamity' is attempting to control your overwhelming emotions]

[The skill 'Wall of Calamity' was unsuccessful. Your emotions are too great]

Dokja mouthed the words, 'don't worry, I'll be fine. Continue without me.'

But he couldn't just accept those words.

(Y/N) was about to jump into the water to save him but he was grabbed by the collar and pushed into the safety area where he could not go back to Dokja.

He kept his emotions suppressed for long enough to take Jaehyun to Yoo Sangah, one of the only people he recognized, and channeled his bubbling anger towards Jonghyuk, who finally realized who he was. His eyes were wide open, and no one could tell the emotions behind the odd trembling of his fingers.

Only (Y/N) knew what he was feeling was happiness, fear, and shock. For some reason, even after Yoo Jonghyuk met a brutal end at (Y/N)'s hands, he didn't blame him in the slightest.

Rather, he felt jovial, like his heart would beat out of his ribcage at just seeing (Y/N) again.

But that joy was short lasted when the power of someone at strength level 38 punched him in the face and made him fall to the floor from the sheer power. (Y/N) grabbed him by his shirt and pulled him slightly off the ground so he could continue to hit him. Even the power of everyone else in the group combined couldn't get him off of Jonghyuk.

"What will you do if Dokja dies? Will you compensate me? Will you bring him back to life, huh? Answer me you fucking bastard!"

As Yoo Jonghyuk stared at (Y/N) through his tear-filled vision, he saw the crazed look on his face, like he was fully prepared to murder him no matter the consequences.

And he had to resist the urge to smile in twisted happiness.

It was the first time he saw (Y/N)—no, the Constellation Killer, display emotion, in a very, very long time.