XII

I am nothing.

TWELVELOVE AND REVENGE

TWELVE
LOVE AND REVENGE

━━━━━━━━━━━

[Incarnation 'Jaehyun (L/N)' will gain the power to destroy the constellations]

There was a story in the first round.

It was the story of how the boy that the Constellation Killer raised was a monster. He was kind and pure, but that purity made it even more terrifying when he would mass slaughter thousands of incarnations and constellations alike.

He didn't have a sponsor.

He got to this level all through his own strength and that was the scary part.

However, at the end of the boy's life, he found out that the prophecy was untrue. The tortured and painful death that he went through for the sake of the future of the star stream was false. His death was meaningless, as he wouldn't have gained the power to destroy all the constellations at all.

But, when the boy died...

The Constellation Killer was born.

Despite the boy becoming the most corrupted child in the world, with the blood of countless on his hands, there was a single person who would never forget him and made sure to kill everyone responsible.

It was his adoptive father, who took him in and raised him as his own.

In a way, the prophecy did come true, as the boy did gain the power to destroy all the constellations in the form of his adoptive father seeking revenge.

All the Constellation Killer wanted was his friends and family to have a happy ending. Yet one by one they all met terrible ends and slipped through his fingers like holding a handful of sand.

At the end of the first regression, the Constellation Killer sat alone at the house where his comrades were killed under the scenario's commands.

His eyes no longer held light, but were dark and dull, adorned by black bags and a dim light that brought a taste of bittersweetness to anyone who saw him.

He suddenly coughed up black blood, voice painful and hoarse. It was a symptom of the curse inflicted upon him by the constellation Hades after he killed all of his loved ones including Persephone, Cerberus, Demeter, Dionysus, and other Olympic gods.

He could still remember the grievous expression Hades gave him as he laid his eyes on the people collapsed over a dinner table with soft smiles on their faces like they died peacefully.