chapter 4

Damon

She was going to pick me up at eight tonight. For what? I had no idea. I was just happy I got to spend some time with her.

Now, it was eight in the morning. Still. It felt like an eternity had passed since I left her—correction, since she kicked me out.

I smiled inwardly, the memories from last night flowing through my mind, drowning out the noise.

She was a fucking goddess. I loved the way our bodies fit perfectly together, our hearts bound together, our souls molded into one. The intimacy of it all.

Making love to her was my way of showing her how I felt because words couldn't describe the way I felt about her.

They said actions spoke louder than words. I was going to spend a lifetime giving her the forever we deserved.

The thought of seeing her tonight made my heart skip a beat.

She was planning something nice, for me. What had I done to deserve this?

To say I was excited would be an understatement. Tonight, it was her and I, together. Fucking perfect.

For now, I just had to get through the day.

She was the reason I looked forward to tomorrow, to the forever right ahead of us.

Just a little longer and she'll be off to college, I'll be going wherever she goes. Staying by her side, the way it had to be.

Then it hit me. As always. Whenever I was thinking about the future. Compared to her, I was nothing. A loser. Hell, I dropped out of school.

I never thought I was good enough for her but I'd be damned if I ever let my thoughts get the better of me. One day, I'll be better.

I was in a constant war with the darkness, she was the only reason I haven't given up yet.

Everyday, I lived so I could do better. For her.

I pulled up to my house, getting out and heading inside.

Sometimes, I wished I hadn't been an idiot and dropped out of school, because then I could spend the day with her.

Which brought me here, alone and stupid.

It wasn't like I had a choice, I had things to take care of. The teachers saw nothing special in me so I left.

Got into too many fights, pissed off enough teachers. I hated everyone there.

I had a total of two people I actually could tolerate, one of them being my girl. The other was Travis. Dumbest fuck out there but he was my best mate. Since elementary school.

Then my thoughts drifted back to her, my Aristotle.

Something I could never stop doing. This was what I got for falling in love with an angel. Who somehow saw something in me worth staying around for.

I was the devil; she was an angel, a goddess
I was death; she was life
Chaos; fucking perfect

Fuck, I loved her. She's got me fucking whipped.

All to say, I wasn't a good guy. Everyone knew it. But that didn't stop her from loving me.

Her friends warned her and what did she do? She fell for me and I caught her.

I would always catch her.

And I'd never let the darkness taint her, but in the end, I'd probably ruin her.

What else was I good for? Nothing.

She made love beautiful. I made it painful.

I was tough to love, she didn't see it that way. She said the pain, the vulnerability, the darkness, that was the beauty in life, in love.