chapter 11

Aristotle

I walked up my driveway, staring up at the stars. They smiled down on me and I thought about how each and every one was a mystery. A story lived within its depths. A reason behind everything. There were easily millions of millions of stars scattered throughout the universe. The sky above me only held a handful. Which meant there were endless amounts of possibilities out there.

I found it interesting how they weren't actually that small. They were bigger than the sun, held more brightness than anything, and outshined the darkness. From my perspective they were literally nothing compared to the wonders of the universe but if I looked close enough, I could see their beauty, shining for a similar reason as my heart beat for him.

I sounded just like Damon. With a shake of my head, I went up the porch steps and headed inside, closing the door behind me.

I went up to my bedroom quietly, praying on the stars that I wouldn't see my father. I couldn't deal with that right now. Quite frankly, I was exhausted. Lexi made us do across the floors today, for our warm up. And all I wanted to do was take a nice warm shower, bury myself in the blankets, get comforted by my bed and fall asleep.

I dropped my pointe shoes and bag to the floor and walked into the bathroom. I turned on the shower and stripped. Stepping in, the water immediately relaxed my muscles.

I got lost in thought. The typical shower thoughts. As the water hit against my skin, I thought of his hands on me. His body against mine. The electric current was still strong, pulsing through my body, sending my heart spiralling out of control. With every thought, my heart skipped a beat. Following the rhythm of the song that his soul sang to mine.

A smile touched my lips, a blush rose to my cheeks at the mere idea. Under the water, I shut my eyes and let myself drift away. In my mind, his cold and calloused hands roamed up and down my body. Caressing me with tenderness and admiration.

When I opened my eyes, I was alone. The warmth disappeared, despite the warm water falling down on me. Letting out a shaky breath, I composed myself, turned off the shower and stepped out then dried myself with a towel.

The heat lingered in the air around me. Which made my breath hitch in my throat. I stared at the person across from me, in the mirror. She was happy. She was a helpless fool. In love and falling more and more by the second. My phone buzzed on the counter, it was him.

Damon (not Salvatore): *a photo of him, in his car, holding a bored expression yet smiling ever so slightly at the camera. He looked absolutely beautiful*

Everything about him was beautiful. Like the moon, the stars. The beauty of the universe was in his hands and it drew me in with an invisible force, that grew stronger and stronger with time. His beauty could not be described with words. None of them would ever amount to it. It was the way I looked at him that said everything.

It was the sun shining through the darkness, the moon aligning with it, the stars filling the void in space. Forming an eclipse, rare like him. Damon had his own definition of beauty, he defined it. Just like how every star was unique in its own way.

I set my phone back on the counter, smiling whilst still staring down at the screen. I clipped the front strands of my hair back and rinsed my face with my favourite cleanser. After, I gently applied my moisturizer and put on some lip balm. I picked up my phone again and took a quick picture.

My smiling face, fresh after skincare routine. I sent it to him and saved his picture to my camera roll.

Damon not Salvatore: you're fucking stunning

Words could be as simple as that and somehow he still had an effect on me, despite not even being here.

Me: and i'm going to sleep. goodnight.