chapter 21

Damon

Before

"Do you know what I love almost more than you?" I had asked one midsummer night as we laid in each other's arms, under the stars, in her bed.

She was busy thinking and absentmindedly mumbled a faint "what?"

She ran her hand through my hair, butterflies fluttering around in my chest. I was seventeen and madly in love with this girl.

She was everything and all mine.

She broke down every wall around my heart and had the power to rip it out of my chest if she wanted to. It was all hers. My heart, my mind, my body, my soul. I belonged with her.

I kept to myself for a reason but for another, I gave in and let her sit with me in the darkness. And in that darkness, she shined her way through.

I couldn't resist anymore. My face was buried in her chest, so close to her heart. I wetted my lips just thinking of it. "What Damon?" she laughed, finally coming back to me.

That was just her. She spent most of her time up there, escaping from reality and I wanted to go with her.

I closed my eyes for a brief moment, attempting to control myself. But around her, desire deep in my chest, ignited into a fire that burned uncontrollably just for her. "This." I groaned softly into her chest, feeling her big, soft pillowy, breasts against my face. This was heaven and I was the devil.

A quiet moan left her lips, "Damon," she breathed out.

"And that laugh."

She laughed.

"That smile."

She smiled.

"That look in your eyes."

She was wearing this skimpy tank top, revealing everything to my liking. All for me and only me. I began trailing kisses down her neck, down to her collarbone and finally to the top of her breasts.

She giggled in a way that made my heart skip a beat, and pushed my head away. I chuckled darkly, pinning her arms to her sides, pressing her against the mattress. "Forget about dinner. I want you."

Her parents were right downstairs, preparing dinner. And here we were, just like this. If they knew what I've been up to, they'd dislike me, more than they already did.

For some reason or another, since the day they saw me, they built an idea of who they thought I was and decided to keep thinking about it. Despite how wrong they were.

It's been almost two years since I've met her and they still haven't accepted me. They let her see me but if I messed up—which I wouldn't, they'd never let me see her again. Parents, teachers and even her fucking friends, they were all against me. My chest tightened at the thought, but I quickly shook that away.

She was here. With her, I felt everything disappear. All their stares and judgmental comments, the desperation to be enough. I was simply me. And when she smiled, fuck I felt like the most important person in the universe. I felt relaxed and at ease. With her, I found what I'd been looking for. A reason.

There was a weird feeling in my chest that I've begun to recognize as love. It ignited in my chest the day we met and has been burning since, just for her. It expanded in my chest, making my heart grow bigger and bigger, filling with more and more feelings.

She did that to me.

A low groan left my lips, my eyes fell hooded, heat radiated off of my body. I swear to god, she made me feel a certain way and made me want to be... gentle. Just for her. Though right now, I was being anything but.