Meeting The Baby

Y/n POV

We arrive at the hospital in grandmas car. Of course, her aswell. The whole ride here we were just contemplating the gender and what the name should be.

I couldn't stop making random squeals of excitement no matter how hard I tried. Grandma kept laughing at me.

I jump out of the car and run round to open the door for Rose. She climbs out the car and I slam the door shut, a bit too hard.

"Oops, sorry" I wince and grandma playfully rolls her eyes as she locks the car.

"Come on" she slightly giggles, and wraps and arm around my shoulder. I held Rose's hand as we went into the hospital.

"Hello, what room is Scarlett Johanson?" Grandma asked the lady at the desk.

"Ahh yes, room 166" she replied with a smile. I politely smiled back at her before jogging through the halls trying to find the room.

"Y/n" Grandma called making me turn back around, to see her standing in front of an elevator.

"Oh, it's upstairs?" I ask as I walk back to her. She chuckled softly and nodded.

We got into the elevator and I couldn't stop fidgeting. We were only going up one floor, but it seemed like forever.

"Hurry up" I whine, waiting for the doors to open. I here Rose copy me, also desperate to get to mom.

Finally they open and we run into the corridor slowing down as I see the room numbers getting closer.

"163, 164, 165..." I read outloud as I went passed the room.

"HERE! 166" I cheered looking down to Rose and she grinned up to me. I didn't hesitate to open the door, letting Rose run in first before me. Grandma still making her way here.

"Momma!" Rose Squealed, running up to mom's bed.

"Mom!" I cheer, walking with a bounce in my step.

"Hey girls" she grinned widely. She's sitting up leaning again the bed, which is also sitting up.

I gave her a hug before lifting Rose onto the bed to sit beside her. I sat on the bed too, but by her legs, facing towards her.

"How are you?" I ask. No matter what I'll always check on her.

"I'm okay honey" she chuckled "wait Where's your grandma" she asked with a confused frown.

"Oh she's somewhere in the hallway. On her way, we ran ahead. Couldn't wait to see you" I shrugged with a huge grin on my face. She lightly giggled at me.

"Hey girls!" Dad cheered walking around the curtain that blocked half the room.

"Hi dad" I glanced at him before turning back to mom, only to turn back to him noticing the baby in his arms.

My eyes widen as I slowly stand up and walk over to him with a slightly open mouth.

"Oh my god, I forgot about the baby" I slightly laughed. Mom burst out laughing, and dad giggled.

"Do you wanna hold him?" Dad asked as I looked down at the sleeping baby. Wait.

"Him?! WE have a brother?" I Gasped looking between our parents. They both nodded with huge smiles on there faces.

I punchech the air as I shouted 'YES!' in excitement.

"Y/bff/n ows me $20, or in her case £20" I joke.

"You made a bet ok the baby?!" Mom asked.

"Yeah!" I laughed, still standing beside dad. "Anyway, can I hold him?" I ask.

"I did ask you that like 2 minutes ago" dad reminded me. "Do you want him, standing up, or do you wanna sit down first?" He asked.

I walk over to mom with no hesitation. I sit on the bed beside her, putting on leg on the bed and letting the other one stay on the floor.

"I don't trust myself standing up. Yet." I tell them honestly. I feel mom tuck a strand of hair behind my ear as usual, and I send her a small smile before turning back to Dad, who's placing the baby in my arms.

"Aww, he looks like mom" I say in awe earning another laugh from mom.

"Wassup, how was your uh trip here?" I ask him in a joking voice. "What? Great? Okay, cool."

He starts to stir a little and a small pout appeared on his lips. "Oo, no? Its wasn't great?" I corrected.

"Okay, I'm sorry for reading your blank face wrong" I joke.

"Can I hold him?" Rose asked, leaning over mom's lap to see his face.

"In a minute honey" she replied, stroking her back. Just then, grandma walked into the room.

"It's about time, where have you been?" I sarcasticly ask her.

"I got caught up" she replied out of breath from all the walking. "Congratulations" she cheers as she walks over to give dad a hug. She then makes her way over to Roses side and gives mom a hug too.

"Thank you" mom smiled at her before they all turned their attention back to the sleeping baby. "Aww, he looks like Scarlett" grandma stated and we all laughed.

"That's what I said" I grinned at her. "So, what's his name?" I ask turning to look at my mom. She looked at the baby then back at me.

"His name is...." she hesitated, leading me on.

"Oh come on!" I whine making her chuckle at my clear impatience.

"Okay, his name is Cosmo Jost" she said and I looked down at him again.

"Cosmo?" I ask. "Yeah, I know its a bit unusual but we like it"

"Cosmo, coz, cozzybear. Yeh I like it" I tell her after trying out nick names I can call him.

"Okay, can I pleeeaaaseee hold him now" Rose begged, looking at mom.

I look at Mom for approval. "Okay," she giggles, and Rose sits against the bed with mom's arm around her shoulder to keep her steady. I gently give Cosmo to Grandma, who's standing on Rose's side, so she can give her the baby instead. I think it would be unsafe for me to lean over on my knees. I have terrible balance.

I lean against the bed again and rest my head on mom's shoulder, looking up at her chin. She feels my contact and turns her head to look at me. She gave me a soft smile with a kiss on my forehead, which I cherished.

I felt her try to move her arm, which was stuck between us. I sit up to help her free it. She reached out for me to lie back on her, which i did, but this time, she wrapped her arm around my shoulder, holding me close. I smile at her before snuggling my head further into her shoulder as I turn back to look at Rose and Cosmo. I take In the adorable sight of Rose talking in a baby voice to Cosmo, and he's just ignoring her, sleeping away. It's kind of funny, actually.

I slightly laugh a little at the thought, getting attention my mom again. "What?" She smiled. "Oh, nothing, I just love my life" I told her, which honestly is true. I do love it. I wouldn't change it for a thing.

This is the life ive always dreamt of.
_____________

I love this writing story. THANK YOU GUYS ❤ 20.6K READS
🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤