The truth

Morning, Survey Corps Rooms

Levi opened his eyes to see Agnes not next to him. Everything had been building up until this point. Why was she always leaving? Why does she even bother to come back? What was her purpose for 'helping' him?

He planned that the next time he saw Agnes, he would confront her and force her to tell the truth. He showered and got dressed before he walked out of his room and into the mess hall.

Today's expedition was another fail. Levi wasn't sure what kind of thing they were achieving today since Eren was resting but he didn't question it. He felt numb and tired. He had to slaughter a horde of titans and one big one. But somehow he had the strength to keep going.

______________

Levi walked to the door of his bedroom when he felt the presence of someone inside, particularly his bathroom. He stepped inside to see Agnes inside of the tub with bubbles all around her.

He turned around "Jeez, you could've at least tell me you were going to use my tub."

"There are bubbles Levi, you don't have to turn around."

Levi turned to see only her neck down to her shoulders and the top of her knees sticking out.

"You've had another expedition, you must relax your muscles."

"With you in it? It wouldn't be right."

Agnes sighed "I trust my judgement in knowing I can take a bath with you respectfully. I know you Levi, you won't hurt me."

"How do you know that?"

"It is a point of view that I see myself. To others you are Humanity's Strongest, to others you are a vicious beast. I see you as a person."

Levi stayed silent. He took off his cravat as he started to unbutton his shirt. Agnes covered her eyes until she could hear water splashing around. She opened her eyes to see Levi sitting in the same way as her. She smiled knowing that Levi decided to take the first step for once.

"Would you mind if I washed your hair?" Agnes lifted her eyes as she grabbed the small bottle beside her.

"Sure."

Levi turned his back to her as she looked at all the scars on his back. She touched each in one gently before Levi stopped her.

"I thought you were going to wash my hair."

Agnes paused "Of course."

She opened the small bottle as she poured a fair amount on her hands. She rubbed her hands as she massaged the liquid in his soft hair. Afterwards, she grabbed a small bowl and filled it with water. She poured it over his head to rinse off. When Agnes was done, Levi ran a hand through his hair.

"It's good." Levi turned the other way to face her.

They both got out soon after and Agnes made something called Lemongrass Tea. She said that this was a staple where she was from. Levi thought it would be a good time to ask the real questions.

"Where do you come from?"

Agnes widened her eyes "Wall Sina obviously."

"No, you're lying."

"No I am not Levi."

Levi slammed his fists on the table "What are you then?! What's your deal with 'helping' me?! Why do you bother to come back when your always leaving?!"

Agnes felt tears cascading down her face. She knew this day would come. She was too attached to this human. She started to feel deep emotions for him. She had to tell him.

"Hey! What are you crying for?" Levi shouted.

"These," she wiped off some of them "are tears of guilt."

"It's true I have been lying to you."

Levi leaned back in shock. He couldn't believe it. Of course he had speculated it, but he didn't wanna believe it was true.

"What the hell. Tell me about everything then."

"Do you have time?"

"All the time in the world."

Agnes sighed "Back when the rest humanity wasn't wiped out, I used to live in a small country in an area called Greece."