Coming home to you

8 years later, Paradis

It had been 2 years since the battle of Heaven and Earth. Most of Levi's comrades, including Hange and Erwin, had passed away. Agnes still hadn't come back yet. She had also lied about humanity dying out. It hadn't, but the King of Eldia ran away from the war and made 3 walls. He brainwashed his subjects into believing humanity had died out. She might've done it for peace as well as the king did.

Mikasa finished the final blow and cut Eren's head off. He's buried on a small hill next to a tree top. Armin was the ambassador of peace for Paradis as he tried making amends with other countries. It was weird. The people who are just at each other's throats, were now living in freedom and peace.

He was in the care of Gabi Braun and Falco Grice. Two brats who always bickered. Aside from that, he settled down from the Survey Corps and opened up a tea shop. It was quite fundable and easy to open with the help of Queen Historia. He had seen her baby once or twice before, she was cute Levi would admit.

Levi had stitches all over him from the explosion with Zeke a long time ago. He woke up this morning and wheeled himself down the where Gabi and Falco were.

"Hi Mr. Ackerman! I made tuna sandwiches today!" Gabi exclaimed loudly. She reminded him of Isabel.

"How many times do I have to say it? Just call me Levi you brat." Falco put his plate down and poured tea in his cup. He reminded Levi of Farlan.

He took his knife and fork off from the table "Thank you Falco."

"Your welcome Mr— I mean Levi!"

The rest of breakfast was just Gabi ranting to the two. He noticed Falco was listening more intently to her. Gabi had told him Falco confessed his feelings to her but wasn't if they were going to date soon.

After breakfast, the two wheeled him over to the shop to open it. The schedule was 11am- 6pm. No openings on Sundays. Levi used the key to open the door as the workers from the back piled in. Gabi and Falco also worked there since they had nothing to do, they still earned income though.

When everything was all set, Levi flipped the sign to show that it was open. Something about the people flooding in at once made Levi feel anxious, but he calmed down soon. He sat in one of the booths since he couldn't work with him in a wheel chair.

Everything was bustling as orders were taken, drinks were made, and people were satisfied. It was like magic that the sky had turned darker, 6pm was almost there. Levi guessed it was about 5:30 so most people wouldn't think about having tea at that time.

The bell rang on the top of the door, a customer was inside. The person walked over to his table and sat down across from him.

"There is no use hiding when I can already see you." He knew that voice, that accent. He breathed in the scent of fresh mint leaves and birthday cake. She had come back to him after 8 years. Levi turned his head to see it was—

"Agnes."