Chapter 1

Not being able to express yourself is hard. Taeyong was afraid of what others would think. He didn't want to disappoint his family, and he wanted to live up to the standards the world set for him. That's why he felt the need to contain himself. And he didn't have crushes, so he thought it would be easy.

  However, there was a boy he would constantly have dreams of. He has never met him, and he doesn't even know his name. One day, when he was dreaming, the boy popped out of nowhere, and he's been in his dreams ever since. He even started dating him for whatever reason. Although, he couldn't deny how attractive he was physically and personality wise. In a way, he felt lucky. Alternatively, he felt like he was crazy.

  "Taeyong, what are you thinking about?" he asked.

  Taeyong turned his head and smiled. "Thinking of you."

  "But I'm here with you right now. No need to think about it," he smiled as he pulled him closer and pecked my forehead. Taeyong pecked his lips before snuggling up to him again.

  "I love—"

  "Taeyong, get up! You're going to be late," a voice shouted, waking him from his dream. He grumbled as he rolled out of bed and hit the floor with a grunt.

  The door swung open. "Yong, babe. It's time to get ready."

  "Okay, mom. I will," he mumbled, standing up and making his way to his drawer. She smiled, left, and closed the door. He changed into his clothes and left the room.

  "Here's breakfast."

  He smiled at his mom and sat down to eat. He wasn't hungry at all, but he didn't want to make her feel bad or waste food. So he started eating. "Any girls that you're interested in?"

  "Nope," he blandly said, going back to eating his food.

  "I thought you would since you're in high school now. Well, if you have any crushes, feel free to fill your mom in," she said while pinching his cheek.

  "Mom," he whined as he rubbed his cheek. She chuckled and grabbed her keys. "Make sure not to be late, hun. Your dad will pick you up from school."

  "Okay." He quickly ate his food and then brushed his teeth and hair. Finally, he grabbed his backpack and made his way to school. The walk was nice, but once he noticed the time, it turned into a sprint. "Oh, my gosh! I'm gonna be late," he shouted through the streets. He received a few stares, but he didn't mind.

  He ran into the school and quickly opened his locker to get everything he needed. He rushed to his classroom and quickly sat down. Not without his teacher glaring at him.

  "Hey, Tae, where were you?" his friend, Johnny, whispered.

  "Running here. I was late."

  "We have a new student." Taeyong perked up and tried to subtly look around. When he didn't spot any new faces, he looked at Johnny. "Who?"

  "The one sitting next to Yongqi."

  "What's with you and calling him Yongqi?"

  "Makes me sound cool. Plus, he's teaching me Mandarin."

  "Oh, yeah? What can you say?" he sarcastically questioned. Suddenly, there was a loud smack on the board.

  The teacher turned around and looked at the two. "Hey, Mr. Lee, anything you'd like to say to the class?"

  Taeyong profusely shook his head. "Alright then, let's continue class."

  Those minutes were probably the most boring and embarrassing ones of his life. His face was pink because he was called out for talking. Which he acknowledged was something he deserved. But now that class was over, he wanted to catch a glimpse of that new kid. His friend jabbed him in the stomach. He was about to question him before he said, "Look, that's him."

  Taeyong looked at the boy with wide eyes. That boy was the one from his dreams. The exact copy. His face, eyes, lips, hair, everything. The new kid looked at him confused, and Taeyong turned his head to Johnny, who looked at him funnily. "You alright?"

  Taeyong leaned closer and whispered, "He looks exactly like the boy in my dreams."

  A smirk found itself forming across Johnny's face. Johnny, being Taeyong's best friend, knew he was gay. And he also knew about the boy his friend had been dreaming about. "Maybe it's meant to be."

  "Oh, hush. I don't even know his name," he protested while standing up and walking out of the class. Johnny followed close behind and said, "But I can tell you!"

  Taeyong was extremely lucky to have Johnny as a friend, but sometimes, he was annoying. Not that he minded much. "Jaehyun and Taeyong sitting in a tree."

  "Oh, shut up, Johnny. Leave that in 3rd grade. I don't even like him."

  "Maybe not now, but you will!"