Chapter 8

"Taeyong, good morning!" Jaehyun greeted. The older smiled at him and waved. Jaehyun decided to walk with him. "Did you sleep well?"

  "Yeah, I did! How about you?"

  "I had a dream that we went to the beach, and a giant shark tried to eat us. But don't worry, I saved you."

  "Did you survive?"

  "Yeah, but I lost a leg. Oh my gosh, if I lost a leg, would you hate me?"

  Taeyong scoffed, "I don't think you could do anything to make me hate you."

  Jaehyun sighed in relief. "Oh, good."

  While Taeyong was getting things from his locker, he remembered what he found that night. "Oh, by the way," he started and turned around, "I do know you from somewhere. You performed a song by Alisha Keys on a Saturday night Valentine-themed performance. Kind of iconic on your part."

  Jaehyun froze. He scanned Taeyong's features, and the memory rebuilt itself. The beautiful boy he saw in the audience that he wanted to talk to. When everyone finished their performance, he went looking for him. But to his dismay, he was gone. "Woah, that was you."

  "What was me?"

  Jaehyun blushed, which took Taeyong by surprise since he was usually the one blushing. He didn't want to sound weird, so he just ignored it and went for it. "I saw you in the crowd that night and wanted to talk to you. But you were gone."

  "Oh, you thought I was super handsome or something?" When Taeyong was met with Jaehyun fiddling with the hem of his shirt, he got his answer. "Oh, thank you."

  "I don't know. Is it weird? I'm happy that it's you. I mean, at the time, I could only imagine talking to you like this. But now it's not just a thought."

  "It's not weird. Uh, I'm also glad. I thought you were intriguing. You were handsome yourself," he said, whispering the last part.

  "Hey! It's the lovebirds," Johnny shouted while making his way to the two. "Ew, you guys are blushing. If you're gonna kiss, don't do it in front of me."

  "Johnny!" Taeyong whined. Jaehyun's face only became a deeper shade of pink. And not to mention his ears, which looked incredibly red. "Fine, you guys can kiss in front of me, I guess."

  Embarrassed was an understatement. He was practically being exposed. "Oh, yeah. You better hurry with that confession, Mr. Jung. He might start falling for these handsome looks."

  "Oh my gosh, Johnny, stop it. This is embarrassing. Uh, Jaehyun, I'm so sorry. We'll be off now." Taeyong closed his locker and waved at the younger boy who waved back. Taeyong pulled Johnny by his ear to the classroom. "Ow, ow, ow."

  "Jonathan Suh, what were you thinking?"

  "If you're gonna use my real name, at least use the actual one. It's John."

  "Okay then, John Suh. What were you doing back there?"

  "Giving you guys a little push. Thank me later."

  Taeyong rolled his eyes and stormed back to his seat. When Jaehyun sat next to him, he felt his entire body tense up. Jaehyun leaned next to his ear and whispered, "I guess I should hurry up. I don't want you to get the hots for your friend." He pulled away with a satisfied smirk when he saw Taeyong's face heating up.

  "Not in a million years," he pushed out. Jaehyun smiled and held his hand out, which Taeyong nervously took. They felt happy with this little victory. Things were starting to progress.