Chapter 5

It was the weekend, and Taeyong was very excited. This was his chance to get to know Jaehyun more. He was especially excited after his dream last night. It was Jaehyun and Taeyong on the date, except they kissed and cuddled; something they would never do in the real world.

  Taeyong impatiently waited on his couch while humming some tune. Seconds felt like minutes and minutes felt like hours. He recounted his money to pass the time. When he heard a knock at the door, he jumped. He scrambled to the door and opened it to see a handsome face.

  "Hey, Yo-yo," Jaehyun smirked.

  "I said stop with the 'Yo-yo'."

  "Are you ready to go?"

  "Yeah, hold up," Taeyong said as he turned back. "I'm off now. Bye, mom and dad," he shouted before walking out of the house. Jaehyun smiled at him and made his way to his bike. He sat on it and said, "Sit on the little saddle."

  Taeyong nodded and nervously wrapped his arms around the boy after sitting down. "Now, make sure to have your feet lifted. It's gonna be a bit of a ride."

  "Okay."

  With that, Jaehyun started pedaling. The older took in the scenery, but also the feeling in his heart. It was beating quickly, and he was worried that Jaehyun would be able to feel it against his back. The wind felt nice brushing against his skin. Some of Jaehyun's hair flew in his face, so he decided to rest his cheek on the younger boy's shoulder. The bumps made it difficult for him, but he was motivated to keep his head in place and beat the bumps. It was a silly competition he created with himself.

  Before long, they were at their destination. Taeyong hopped off first, and Jaehyun followed behind him, locking the bike in the bike parking rack. "Okay, we're good to go, Yo-yo."

  Taeyong rolled his eyes and allowed Jaehyun to lead him into the shop. It was a bit chilly, but he was excited. He wanted to get a strawberry banana smoothie so badly. "Happy?"

  Taeyong turned around and looked at him with confused eyes. Jaehyun smiled at the sight because he looked so innocent to him. It was kind of cute. "How'd you know?"

  "Your eyes are twinkling."

  "Oh, yeah," Taeyong smiled. He looked at the menu and saw exactly what he wanted. He turned around and said, "Can I go order?"

  "Yeah, I'll order with you because I'm paying. There are pastries, too. You should try them."

  "No, I have money. You don't have to pay."

  "Taeyong, let me pay. I invited you here, so let me treat you," he insisted with a soft yet strict voice. The older nodded with a slight pout out of habit.

  "Let's go order, yeah?"

  "Yup," he said with a smile. They walked to the counter together, and the worker said, "Welcome. What can I get for you two today?"

  Jaehyun looked at Taeyong, encouraging him to go first with a nod. He took the hint and started, "Uh, I would like the strawberry goes bananas smoothie."

  "And I'd like the wild berry smoothie with two chocolate croissants."

  "Okay, will that be all?"

  Jaehyun looked at Taeyong for confirmation and nodded once Taeyong smiled at him. "Yeah, that's all."

  "Okay, your total is $15.68," the cashier said. Jaehyun pulled out his wallet and handed the guy $16. Once he got his change and receipt, they sat at a table.

  "I like your shirt," Jaehyun started.

  "Oh, uh, yeah. Thanks. I like your earrings. They suit you," he said with a pink face.