Chapter 3

"Jae, come here," Taeyong whined.

  "I'm making dinner. Come over here, hm?"

  Taeyong got up and walked to him. He wrapped his arms around his waist and rested his head on the back of his boyfriend's chest. "It smells good. What is it?"

  "Your favorite."

  Taeyong's eyes sparkled, and he hugged him tighter. "You're the best."

  "You bring out the best in me. Here, let go for a minute. I need to serve us, Yong," he said. Taeyong let go with a grumble and made his way to the table.

  Taeyong started humming a song as Jaehyun placed his bowl in front of him. The boy sat next to him and kissed his cheek. "Eat up."

  Taeyong tasted a bit and moaned at the flavor. "Woah, you like it that much?"

  The older furiously nodded. "It's so good. Now I only want to eat it if it's made by you." Jaehyun smiled at the other's words and pecked him on the lips. "Hey, Jae?"

  "Hm?"

  "I love—"

  A loud beeping sound awoke him from his sweet dream. "Ugh, this stupid alarm." Taeyong pressed the x on the screen and swiped. Annoying mornings. He checked his phone for any messages and saw one of Johnny teasing him about how he misspelled something.

  "Yong, don't be late again!" He grumbled as he changed into his clothes. He grabbed the book he and Jaehyun needed for the project, put it in his backpack, and walked out of the room with it.

  "I'm sorry. I couldn't make anything today. Eat some cereal. Dad will pick you up again, okay?"

  Taeyong nodded. His mom kissed his cheek and left with a 'goodbye'. He made his way to the bathroom to wash his face, brush his teeth, and comb his hair. He pondered for a bit before running to the bathroom that belonged to his parents. He saw his mom's perfume and sprayed a little of it on himself. "It smells good," he said while smiling in the mirror. He nodded at himself before going to put on his shoes and grabbing his backpack to leave the house.

  Taeyong hummed a song while walking to school. When he made it there, he saw his best friend talking to none other than Jaehyun. "Ah, this is embarrassing," he whispered to himself. His head hung low as he walked to his locker. "Hey, Taeyong!" Wow, exactly what he did not want to happen.

  He turned around with forced a smile before putting things into his locker and taking some stuff out. He closed his locker and sighed. "Hey," he heard a low voice whisper in his ear.

  "Johnny," he half-screamed while holding his ear. He turned around to see the older smirking at him. "Your boyfriend was asking about you. He was all worried like, "Oh, where's Taeyong? Is he with you?" He seriously sounded desperate," the taller said, not forgetting to make a high-pitched voice while mimicking Jaehyun.

  "Hey, don't make fun of him," Taeyong defended, then lightly hit his friend's arm.

  "My bad, Yong."

  The younger rolled his eyes before Johnny dragged him to class. "Oh, we can't even sit together. Johnny, save me."

  "You're so dramatic. Do you want me to find a genie and wish to be next to you in every class you have?"

  "Yes! Oh my gosh, you're a mind reader, Johnny. I love you," he said as he wiped away fake tears.

  "Okay, Yong. I'll try my best to find one," he sarcastically said and ruffled his friend's hair.

  "Sit in your seats, everyone."

  Taeyong made his way to his seat and set his backpack in his lap to hug. He was so stuck in his mind that he didn't even notice the boy sitting next to him. The teacher started talking, but Taeyong was stuck in his own world. Thinking of what?

  Then he thought about why he could never say those three words. Every time he tries, dream would get interrupted. Then he thought about his best friend. He missed him already even if he was only two rows ahead.

  "Are you okay, Taeyong?"

  Taeyong jumped in his seat and looked at the boy next to him. "Oh, yeah, I'm okay."

  "Thinking of anything?"

  "You."

  He didn't even realize what he said until Jaehyun raised a brow and said, "Oh, really?"

  Taeyong blushed and backtracked, "No, I meant as in me and you doing the project. I'm sorry. My mind is just so lost today."

  "It's okay. I understand, but do you have the book?" he said with a reassuring smile.

  "Oh, yeah." Wow, he is dreamy. His charming smile displayed his cute dimples. He's quite literally perfect.

  Taeyong reached into his bag and snatched the book. Jaehyun carefully took it from his hands and skimmed through it. The older one admired the boy. His face looked perfect as they grazed over the words.

  "Okay, I think this will be easy. Do you want to use my computer or your computer?"

  "Uh, we can use yours," Taeyong said, remembering his wallpaper being his favorite show.

  "Okay," he said, again with a smile. He seemed to never stop smiling. It made the older's heart beat faster. A smile that made him weak.

  They worked on their project for the remainder of the class with only a bit of sidetracking. Before long, it was time to leave. "I missed you so much," Taeyong said as he walked out with Johnny.

  "I don't think so. I saw you flirting with your little boyfriend."

  "He's not my boyfriend."

  "Not yet."

  Taeyong pouted and shoved Johnny, which didn't have any effect on him. "Gosh, stop being strong."

  "Can't. Sorry."

  "You're so mean," Taeyong said as he dashed into his next class. At least today, he felt like it would go quickly.