Chapter 2

"Taeyong, hello!" his friend shouted through the halls. Taeyong covered his face with one hand and sped up to Johnny. Once he was close enough, he said, "Shut up. People will stare."

  His friend took his hand away from his face and pinched his cheek. "People will stare anyway. Who wouldn't stare at these handsome men?"

  "Stop pinching me," he whined.

  "Fine, fine. Now, let's get to class early so we can catch a glimpse of your boyfriend."

  "He's not my boyfriend," he whisper-shouted.

  Johnny started skipping away and shouted, "Sure." Taeyong sighed and followed his friend. They sat next to each other in the second row. They talked to pass time, and soon, kids flooded the classroom.

  "Tae, look," Johnny teased. Taeyong rolled his eyes and shoved his face in his hands from embarrassment. "Aw, don't be shy, Yongie."

  The teacher walked into the classroom, and everyone went silent. "So, today, we will start a project. You'll be working on it with your desk partners." The two boys looked at each other and internally cheered. "But you're getting new seat partners." Half of the class groaned at that sentence.

  "Okay, so we have Taeil and Johnny, Ten and Doyoung, Sungchan and Hendery, Taeyong and Jaehyun..." Everything his teacher said after that went in one ear and out the other. Him with Jaehyun? As in the guy who was quite literally his dream boyfriend? "Cliché," Johnny snarkily whispered. Yeah, cliché indeed.

  When he was done listing the names, he said, "If I said your name first, stay in your seat. The ones who heard their names second, move next to your new partner. After we're situated, I'll explain the project."

  Johnny looked at Taeyong and said, "Good luck." The shorter boy internally whined. He would not be able to focus at all.

  Taeyong nervously watched as everyone moved to their new seat. Suddenly, he heard a thump next to him. He could see the boy out of his peripheral vision. Oh, gosh. This could not be happening.

  "Hey, my name is Jaehyun," he said. Even his voice was the same. Sweet and honey-like.

  Taeyong turned to his deskmate and said, "Hi. Uh, my name is Taeyong, yeah."

  "You don't seem too sure of that."

  Taeyong blushed and wished he could disappear. His palms were becoming way too sweaty for comfort. "I'm joking. It's an honor to meet you, Taeyong." The same manners, too.

  "It's really my pleasure," the nervous boy pushed out. Jaehyun chuckled at his nervousness. He had to admit, it was cute.

  "Okay, now that we're situated, we're going to do a combined book report. I thought I'd switch it up a bit. Plus, it means fewer projects to grade. Anyway, you'll be reading a book of your choice, as long as it's school appropriate, and then make a slide explaining the book. The requirements are on the rubric, your kind classmate, Sungchan, is passing out now. You have the rest of the class period to start on your project. Tomorrow, you will also have time to work on this project. You may start. And remember, more work than useless talking, please."

  The class erupted in chatter once he was done. "Any books in mind?"

  "Uh, well. There's this book I've been reading, so we can have a head start if we do that one."

  "You're a reader?"

  "Yeah, a bit."

  Sungchan passed them both a rubric paper, and they thanked him. "Okay, Taeyong. Let's start. Shall we?" Taeyong nodded in response.

  Every so often, Taeyong would space out and stare at his seatmate. When the other noticed and called out his name, Taeyong became embarrassed. It made the younger laugh. "So, Taeyong. Since we have a project to work on together, may I give you my number?"

  "Oh, yeah, sure. Here's my phone."

  Jaehyun took his phone and typed in his number. He sent himself a message before handing the phone back to Taeyong. He stared at the contact name and decided to name it 'Dream Boy'. Suddenly, there was a click. He looked up at Jaehyun, confused.

  "Hey, who has their phone out?" the teacher asked, looking around the class. Jaehyun and Taeyong quickly hid their phones in their laps. Jaehyun casually talked to the boy as if nothing had happened. Wow, he's a good actor, Taeyong thought.

  The teacher gave up and went back to doing his work. "Close call, huh?"

  Taeyong nodded. "Did you take a picture of me?"

  "Yeah, I need to set your profile picture as something."

  "Then what do I set your photo as?"

  "Whatever you like. Set it as an open book, maybe."

  Taeyong smiled at him, to which the other smiled back. Maybe this wasn't so bad. "Tell me a bit about yourself, Taeyong. I like to know about the people I'm working with."

  "Well, my full name is Lee Taeyong. I like strawberry macaroons and strawberries in general. But my favorite fruits are melons. I like playing games or cooking."

  Jaehyun smiled at his short rant. "That's super cool. What's your favorite thing to cook?"

  "My favorite thing to cook would be kalguksu since it's my favorite food."

  "A guy with many skills, huh?"

  Taeyong smiled and shrugged. "Maybe. How about you?"

  Jaehyun was happy that Taeyong was starting to get more comfortable. "For starters, I like spicy pork. I like playing piano and basketball. I'm pretty good at swimming, and I'm a black belt in taekwondo."

  "Woah, that's so cool. Could you teach me some moves one day?"

  "Yeah, I could," he smiled. The bell rang, signaling that their class ended. "Well, I'll see you around. Bye."

  "Bye." Jaehyun walked away and left Taeyong blushing.

  "Woah, what are you blushing at?" Johnny teased.

  "Oh, shut up."

  "How did it go?"

  "Good. I got his number," he said while shaking his phone in the air. Johnny's brows raised in amusement.

  "You're a hoe."

  "Hey, I can't be a hoe if people don't like me, and I've only been in a relationship once."

  "Right, you're not a hoe because you don't pull. What does that make me?" Johnny asked as Taeyong got up and walked out of class with him. "Oh, a player!"

  "People don't have crushes on you either, though."

  "Well, I've had more relationships than you. I win."

  "Sure. Beating me by two isn't a lot, John."

  "Don't use my real name. Get to class," he said with a slight push. Taeyong whined and reluctantly walked in. "Johnny, don't leave me."

  "Tae, you did this yesterday. You know my class is two rooms over. It's fine."

  Taeyong stuck his tongue out and walked to his seat. Why couldn't Johnny just find a genie and wish to have all the same classes as him? It couldn't be that hard.

  He sunk in his seat and waited for the teacher to come into the class.

  "Oh my gosh, did you see the new kid? He transferred yesterday."

  "I wish I got to see him."

  "I heard that he's hot."

  "I'd be so lucky if he talked to me."

  Taeyong sighed. How are people already all over the new kid? It hasn't even been a week. Sure, he was attractive in every way possible, but still. Are you getting this many admirers this soon? I mean, he wasn't one to say anything. But at least he got his number. Ha, take that, everyone. Taeyong had the win for now.