6. Grayson

Me: Yeah I'll come as soon as my doctor clears me to fly. Should be soon.

Enzo Mcidiot: Thank you! I have two houses I want to look at so you gotta subtlety get Bella to pick which she likes best.

Me: France is France she'll love either

I looked up from my phone and over at Sam who was driving me "How's Oliver?" he immediately smiled. He loved talking about that little germ goblin I don't love kids, but my nephew is adorable.

"He's perfect. He had a check up last week and he's the perfect size for a five month old. He won't speak though. Allison and I have a bet going for if he'll say mom or dad first."

"Okay 100 bucks from each of you if he says Gray first." he chuckled

"You'd have to spend time with him rather than just when you come over to bug me." I rolled my eyes. I didn't come over to bug him I come over to bless him with my presence.

"I'll babysit." I'm going to regret that one

"Okay...tonight at eight. You can walk around the whole time saying Gray." I looked over at him and groaned

"No not tonight! I don't want to."

He shrugged "You got yourself into this mess. Now you get to babysit tonight so I can have date night."

The car stopped where I wanted him to drop me off "I guess you can say I dug myself a grave and now I have to lie in it." I started laughing hysterically.

Sam looked disappointed in my humor "Gray dark jokes about this aren't funny."

I shook my head "Come on it's my dead mother I can make the joke."

Today was her birthday. I brought flowers to her on her birthday. My dad's grave was next to hers. I never brought him shit. I asked Sam to take me since I couldn't drive and I didn't want to burden Ale with this.

"You're sick." I laughed again "Text me when you want me to pick you up. I won't go far" I nodded my head and got out of his car.

I grabbed the flowers and started walking to her grave. Not many people were here. There were some crying next to the graves of their loved ones. Some looked at me in fear. Many people had heard of me especially recently. Grayson Knight has taken over the McKay business. A business surrounded by blood and fear. When I was second to Enzo people still had the decency to look me in the eye. Now they won't look in my direction out of fear. I loved it.

I finally made it to her grave. I took a deep breath than got down on my knees to place the flower by her. My mom was a very religious women. I doubt she would be proud of the man I had become. Still I loved her. She died when I was nine. She wanted me to become a lawyer since I liked to argue, and she had hopes i'd marry a beautiful women and give her a million grandkids. I wonder how she'd feel knowing I was a mafia leader, a killer, a guy who sleeps around, and super into dudes. I liked girls too but knowing my mom she'd tune that part out the moment she found out I also liked men.

I can't really hate her for hating who I am now. I don't know that for sure. She loved me when she was alive. She cooked for me, and never left my side if I was sick. She would sleep in my bed if I was scared of the monsters. I was her everything.

"Hi mom." I said as I played with the necklace I had on It was a family heirloom, and it was hers. I always kept it tucked away under my shirt. "Happy 52nd." she had me at 30. I could feel myself start to tear up, but I couldn't cry "I miss you. I swear i'd visit more but I got a new job so i've been busy."

Like a dumbass I waited to hear her voice. I haven't heard it in 13 years. "Remember my friend Enzo I told you about. I brought him up the first time I came here. He got married. She's an amazing girl her name is Bella." when I was younger I would come here whenever my dad would allow me and I'd just talk. It was an odd thing to do but I needed my mom so I would tell her everything and wait for some kind of sign from her. Times like now I had nothing to say. "Bye mom. I hope you like the flowers daisy were your favorite."