Washy Plushy

A blue backpack plopped onto the ground, a teal haired doll sitting against it. The doll dusted off her faded blue shirt and shorts, picking up a pebble that had somehow found its way into her pocket.

"How'd you get in there?" Washy asked before shrugging and tossing it away. She took off her boots and turned them upside down, resulting in a comical amount of rocks and dirt to fall out.
.
.
.
She sat in silence, now surrounded by dirt.

"Welp." She started, standing up and grabbing her backpack.

"Guess I'll continue on now." And she resumed climbing the mountain... more of a rocky hill, but she's small so it looks like a mountain.

Washy grabbed a stone coming out of the side of the hill, but it came loose and fell, hitting her right in the eye.

"Ouch! Right in the button..." She muttered before continuing the climb, closing in on the top of the hill. Washy stood atop the hill and hopped up and down, proud of herself for reaching the top without the aid of any tools.

"Hmm?" She felt a tap on her leg and looked down to see a scorpion poking her with a claw. Washy yelped and stepped away, stepping on a smooth rock, slipping, and falling forwards.

"Ow! Oof! Gah! Woa! Oomph!" A few seconds of tumbling and she landed on her face. Lifting herself up, Washy spat out some dirt and brushed off anything sticking to her clothes.

"Hmph. I hate scorpions." She pouted, trudging towards a city in the distance.

~~6 hours later~~

Washy breathed a sigh of relief as she stepped into the city. The sun had already set and every light in the city was off, not a single person walking, driving, or even just hanging out. It was quiet. Too quiet for Washy.

"Where is everybody? I just got here." She muttered to herself as she walked around. Washy wandered the city, stopping when she stepped in something. She looked down, seeing the red substance covering the ground, it stuck to her shoe as she stepped back.

"What the..." She looked into the alleyway that seemed to contain the source and saw...
.
.
.
A ketchup bottle lying on the ground, mostly empty.

"Who would drop a perfectly good ketchup bottle and not clean it up?" She thought aloud, moving to pick up the bottle.

"Hrrn." A voice quietly sounded through the alley, making Washy jump. She squinted to better make out the figure of a man slumped against the wall, upon closer inspection, he held a small bottle.

"Oh, sorry... I'll just let you sleep..." She whispered before stepping away and walking down the street.

The man slowly rolled his head to the side, staring out into the street.

"That was... one of them..?"