Tangerine Figurine

A small wheelbarrow rolled along between a few orange trees, being pushed by a doll with orange hair and a dress of the same colour.

Tangerine stopped in front of the oldest tree and grabbed a ladder from the wheelbarrow, placed it against the tree, and climbed up. She grabbed hold of an orange and gently turned it until the stem snapped and the fruit was disconnected from the tree.

Tangerine tossed the fruit into the wheelbarrow, which had padding placed inside to prevent the fruit from splatting upon landing into it. The orange loving doll picked as many as the wheelbarrow could carry before climbing down the ladder.

Tangerine wheeled the oranges into a single story house, passing by the living room and going into the kitchen, using a stepladder to bring a few oranges onto the counter. She opened a drawer and picked up a knife, closing it afterwards.

Tangerine began to cut the skin off of the fruits, one, then two, then three. She placed them on a plate she grabbed earlier and took the peels to the garbage can, having to put a heavy box on the trigger for it to open, then toss the peels into the trash.

Tangerine climbed back onto the counter and cut each orange into small pieces. She let out a gasp when she accidentally cut herself, a bit of cotton escaping from the wound on her finger. She grabbed the box of bandaids on the counter and put one over her wound, a temporary solution to prevent cotton from falling out until it can be sewn.

Tangerine continued cutting the oranges, arranging them in a nice pattern on the plate, then changing focus to the fridge. She went over and opened the door, seeing a carton of milk on the bottom shelf. She took it and went to grab a glass cup, but in doing so, another glass was knocked over, sending it crashing to the ground.

Tangerine pouted at the broken glass, but chose to ignore it for now. She poured a glass of milk and carefully brought the glass and plate down the stepladder and into the small wheelbarrow individually. She then wheeled it into the living room, placing them on a table in front of a chair that was occupied by a large man.

Tangerine gently and carefully took the plate of oranges and glass of milk, then placed them onto the coffee table in front of the chair.

Tangerine looked up at the man, who had a straw hat covering his face. The man wore overalls and large boots. Tangerine sighed and looked up at the man.

"When will you wake up..?" She quietly asked before turning and leaving the room.

Maggots crawled from under the hat and made for the plate of oranges.