Brolly Dolly

Rain fell from the dark clouds covering the sky, a small red head making their way through the storm. Boots trudged over mud, puddles, and wet concrete. Water droplets meeting a raincoat and umbrella as the doll walked the paved road.

"Why did it have to rain today..?" Brolly muttered, quickly making her way back to a forgotten warehouse she managed to claim for herself.

She walked and walked, the rain growing more and more harsh as the seconds ticked on.

Brolly traveled along a small road just beside a steep hill, which became a hazard when one slip could send someone tumbling down into the strange rocky surface with random holes strewn about, as well as sharp, jagged stones protruding from the ground.

"It's getting so much worse... I really need to get back fast." She quickened her pace, coming up on a section of the road covered in mud, yet she simply ignored it and continued onward... or she tried to.

"W-Wha-?!" She barely mumbled out before slipping and falling to the left, in the same direction of the dangerous rocky landscape.

Brolly tumbled down the hill, rolling on her side, mud sticking to her coat, boots, and face as she almost dropped her umbrella.

"Ah! S-Stop! Stop!" She yelled, trying to grab at anything in reach, stick her umbrella into the dirt, or dig her boots into the ground. Nothing worked as she slid into the rocky biome. The sharp, jagged stones gave her minor cuts and tore a few holes into her coat.

Then she was dropped down one of many holes. She screamed as she fell, desperately trying to grab onto something to at least slow her fall, but there was nothing in reach.

Brolly landed on her face with a loud thud and quick snap. Her umbrella fell out of her hands and kept tumbling until it was on the other side of the small cave.

"Hrrn... a-ah... my- my button. My button is... cracked." She felt her right eye, running a finger over the crack along the side.

As Brolly grew more and more scared the more she realized what had happened, the rain came down harder then ever. The entire cave was coated in the water droplets, to which Brolly sprung up to grab her umbrella.

She pulled the tool over her head and breathed a sigh of relief as she no longer felt the rain.

However, she began hearing a soft humming. Confused as to where it was, she listened closely and eventually realized it was coming from behind her.

The doll spun around as fast as she could to find a puddle of water sitting in the corner of the cave.

"I-It's coming... from... there..?" Her voice grew quieter as she saw a figure in the water. They were pale, practically pure white. Their large, hollow eyes and unhinged jaw froze Brolly in place. The creature's claws were large, easily able to tear through fabric.

Brolly was paralyzed. She couldn't move at all.

"W-W-What..." She stuttered a single word, able to speak no more then that.

The creature crawled towards her.

She couldn't move.

The creature reached out with its claws.

She couldn't move.

The creature slowly stabbed a claw into her chest.

She couldn't move.

The creature flicked its hand down.

Stuffing fell to the floor.

A scream echoed throughout the cramped space.

Brolly moved.

Brolly fell.

Brolly struggled.

The creature raised its claw.

Brolly stopped moving again.