Sleuthing Plaything

A button stared through a magnifying glass, observing an ant hill, and the little bugs going in and out, carrying crumbs and the like.

Sleuthing stood up and pointed to the ant hill.

"The crumbs seemed to clean themselves because these ants kept taking them! Mystery solved!" She yelled, her green twin-tails shaking as she instantly spun around and stuffed the doll sized magnifying glass in her coat pocket.

"Now to find another mystery that needs solving." The detective spoke as she walked around with a hand on her chin.

Sleuthing walked up to a house and peeked into a window, seeing a woman run back and forth with a young man trying to calm her down.

"Where is she?! My little Geo would never leave me!" The woman yelled while checking underneath a couch.

"C-Calm down mom, I'm sure the cat just went out for a bit, they tend to do that sometimes." He said, placing a hand on her shoulder.

Sleuthing slowly reached through the open window and grabbed a photograph of the woman and cat.

"New case, start!" She whispered to herself.

~~4 hours later~~

Sleuthing walked with the photo under her arm.

"Ugh, I can't find a single clue." She said, frustrated. The cat looked like a calico and wore a purple ribbon on one of its front legs. So far, no cats that look the same.

Sleuthing wandered around town, looking out for any cat related clues, eventually finding a set of muddy footprints leading to an old shed, which had a piece of a purple ribbon stuck in a hole on the side.

"Bingo!" She spoke with satisfaction, slowly walking up to the hole and peeking inside. It was dark, really dark. Luckily, Sleuthing had a few glow sticks on hand, so she took one out and cracked it.

Green light illuminated a bit around her, but not much. She held it up to reveal a stool and table with a few saws, hammers, and screwdrivers sitting on top.

The next thing was a small hole in the floor, it looked intentional, but it was empty. Probably made in a fit of short lived anger, Sleuthing thought.

In one of the corners of the shed, a spiderweb sat with a few flies caught in it and the spider coming down for dinner.

Sleuthing turned away and shined the short ranged green light onto a few boards leaning against the wall, each individual board held a name of some sort and were painted either red, blue, yellow, or all three.

What caught the detective's attention was the feline lying on its side underneath the boards. The cat was still as quiet sucking was heard.

Sleuthing smiled as she caught a glimpse of three kittens feeding.

"I'll just write a note for the lady. Take good care of your babies." She waved and walked out of the shed.

"Mystery Solved."

The cat didn't acknowledge her at all...