chapter 10

Wei Qing was on the throne sulking the enunch felt nervous, the small audience felt chills within the dead silence of the imperial palace.

"....... what?"

Everyone gulped then they looked at each other. An man within his early 40's bowed and said.

"Your imperial majesty, an Han foreigner has been caught near the borders of the empire"

"Refugee?"

"Escapee mostly" the man answered immediately

"Capture it and I'll determine what happens next" Wei Qing said

"Yes your imperial majesty"

After the meeting was over Wei Qing sighed angry at the pettiness of the God's. He can't choose he want to married he doesn't know who they are but he will know when they appear. What kind of bullshit is it?!.

"His highness the 1rst imperial prince has requested audience with his majesty" Shou said bowing.

"His finally stop feeling under the weather eh?, let him in" Wei Qing said supporting his chin.

When the doors he could swore he saw his double ganger. The boy was a spitting image of his younger self.

"Imperial father wants to see me?" He asked cupping his hands with a stern expression.

Wei Qing looked at him rubbing his chin and smiling.

"Yes, let's go hunting"

Wei Qing got up off the throne, Wei Chao raised a brow his imperial mother said not to worry since his father doesn't mean him any harm. But Wei Chao cannot relax this was his father they are talking about, though it will good to get his attention and gain the upper hand against his brothers.

After changing into the proper hunting clothes, they took a carriage to the hunting grounds. Were they released people and animals in to the forest. Were Wei Qing and the first prince took a horse and started to track them.

"Imperial father even if they are slaves I don't th-"

"They aren't slaves, those in my eyes are animals" Wei Qing cuts him off

Wei Chao furrows his eyebrows.

"There are no slave Zhen is feeling benevolent today but-"

He draws his boy and point it at one of the people caught running, he determines were he his running to and judge the timing then released the bow. The person who was running heard a sudden shift in the bushes then made an immediate turn soon their eyes was shot out by the arrow.

"Ack! AHHHHHH!!!"

"But the same cannot be said for criminals" Wei Qing said with a cold indifference.

He received the rest of the his previous self memories and now the old and new him was linked as one, so he feels nothing now that he personally taken a life. Wei Chao swallowed at his father's ruthlessness.

Wei Qing made the horse turned facing Wei Chao.

"Chao'er you want to be emperor don't you?" Wei Qing asked

"Yes, imperial father"

"As an emperor, your going have to do crueler things than this even if it's not justified, do you know why?" Wei Qing asked

Wei Chao looked at his father.

"Why do I need to do that all lives are equ-"

"Throw away that belief, as an emperor you can't have such high moral beliefs. No one respects a emperor who they deems weak they take advantage of it and use it against you, as a ruler you should let your people know your kindness and also-"

This time he took out two arrows shooting after the two targeted one an human the other an wolf.

"Your cruelty"

While Wei Qing is proud that he has so beliefs it doesn't work so much in these times even in modern times their are people who still treat other as nothing but objects. That is why it's best Wei Chao didn't depend on the kindness of humans and be a cruel emperor than a just one, an just emperor is always taken advantage of and when they have no use left they are taken out.

Wei Qing knows his teachings are wrong but his preparing a him for this world that is cruel by nature. Wei Qing looked at Wei Chao who looked at the bow and arrow contemplating.

Wei Chao breathe and lift up his bow and looked giddy up the horse as he spot a human he breath then shoot one.

A/n

Do you think Wei Qing is wrong to teach Wei Chao to kill?