chapter 17

Wei Qin Yang was surprised, she expected him to at least be very angry at her foolish actions.

"Uh? Imperial father?" 

"Is that all?" Wei Qing asked  

If his child wishes not to be engaged then so be it, he was the strongest man in this dynasty and political marriage was not important for now. Wei Qin Yang was confused, maybe because she expected a strong reaction from the emperor, it was also disappointing. It seems her father didn't care much for her more than she thought.

Wei Qing snapped his fingers having an idea, "Qin Yang" 

"Uh… yes imperial father?" 

"Do you know how to ride a horse?" 

"Um, no" she answered sheepishly 

"Forget the nitpicking classes, do fun things your young do fun things. You should enjoy things" Wei Qing said 

"His majesty the empress will be granting the emperor an audience" an eunuch announced 

Walking in Quon Sying looked at the people in the room, specifically Shen Bohai who blushed upon seeing him, the empress did not say anything and simply looked at Wei Qing.

"I didn't know you were busy" 

"It's only tea, it can be shared with many, isn't that right Bohai" Wei Qing took the cup from off the table while drinking but realised it was cold. "Pour me warm tea please" 

"Ah, yes! Yes! Um empress?" 

The empress nodded gently then took a chair and sat, Wei Qing looked at Wei Qin Yang. 

"You can join too" 

Wei Qin Yang was confused, was her father the emperor so easily approached? No, maybe this was a test of some sorts but just as Wei Qin Yang was about to say something the eunuch rushed in then dropped to the floor kowtowing. 

"Forgive my disturbance, your imperial majesty but there is a slight urgency that needs to be discussed," Shou said nervously.

"What?" Wei Qing looked at him.

"Well, it's about the servant you had taken into your chambers around 7 to 8 days ago, your imperial majesty. We found him" he said, looking up at the emperor from below.

Wei Qing looked at the empress and Shen Bohai, the empress was unphase all this. This wasn't something new to him; he understood that the emperor had stronger urges that neither he could fill. He didn't know why the emperor didn't fulfil his urges after was done with him like he usually does.

These days it seems like he's playing the role of somebody else which is strange to him after becoming accustomed to his previous behaviour and mannerisms. 

"Well it seems this tea needs to be cut short, I'll be taking my leave" Wei Qing said looking at the empress while talking to everyone.

"I bid my imperial husband a pleasant farewell, may he have a good" the empress cupped her hands with a slight bow.

Shen Bohai and Wei Qin Yang also bid the emperor farewell as he walked outside the room with Shou. "Continue" he coldly orders 

"The servant you inquire about recently was found in Fa town living as a serving boy" Shou said 

Wei Qing in his past life was a man of great lust and is attracted to any beauty that caught his eyes, when not pleased with the harem he goes after the servants which happened to serve him. There was one serving boy that took his fancy so one night he called for the boy and knowing the emperor the boy had easily caught on that he was favoured despite not being a member of the harem. 

Wei Qing had taken the boy that day and enjoyed him very much so much he wanted him to join the harem. But the boy had refused and wished to go back home, scared that if he should join the harem he would have to endure the stamina of the emperor for long, Wei Qing, who wasn't a fan of playing hard to get (that's what he believed). Immediately lost interest and dismissed him from the palace to find a new plaything.

In his past life, one of the people who wanted to overthrow him was a child from the countryside who fell in love with one of his Consorts. And as it turns out that child was his from that servant but even after knowing this Wei Qing couldn't care less and killed him and his mother. So Wei Qing asked to investigate the matter and have him bring the servant this was two years after that night's event.

"And….. he has a son…"