08. Investigation

Finally, the second level citizenship was acquired!

Y/n was very excited that day that she wanted to wake up early and push Titus out of his own bed. But when she woke up, Titus was already geared in his own clothes turning his head to her.

"You're quite late Y/n. Hurry now." He urged her to the bathroom.

Y/n didn't really know how to react to that and simply made her necessary preparations for the day. Both students finally got out of their dorm room and headed straight to the entrance to the divisions.

From there, they could see Sphintus and Aladdin. Y/n turned to Titus but he didn't seem affected as he approached them. He even joined into the conversation with a casual look as if they have been friends.

To everyone's surprise, he was even friendlier than they had anticipated him to be. Y/n also stepped forward and greeted them.

"Aladdin and I promised one another that we will do our utmost investigation together!" He said as he swung his wand to open a path for them to the other districts.

The four of them flew towards the second district accessible for the second level citizens such as them. What welcomed them were lots of magic items supporting different things in Magnostadt. There were irrigation system, quick ripening of plants and flying carpets for transport.

Y/n awed the sight with amazement including the others.

"Look, it's a field!" Titus exclaimed.

The other three turned to said place and agreed with excitement as they landed on the ground.

"It's like fairy tail books that I've read when I was a child. I couldn't help but admire such a place that exist." Y/n praised.

"You read books when you're a child?" Sphintus asked shocked.

Y/n looked back at him surprised. "You don't?" She asked.

"Really? Children in my country don't. They were just taught basic reading for daily necessities in life. We can't leisure on Fairy tales like that. Although, we do have verbal stories from the elders." He paused for a while and added. "Well, you can if you're a noble."

There's the suspicious look again and Y/n could only look back at Sphintus. Why so smart? Y/n wondered.

"Yeah, it's the same from the other places that I've been." Aladdin also responded.

"Right?" Sphintus said.

"Y/n. Are you a noble?" Aladdin then asked her.

"Look now, children in our country reads for necessities as well, but they can leisure around reading news papers and novels made by commoners. Also, we have a public library to citizen who could not afford to buy educational books." Y/n tried to go back to the first topic as she explained about why she reads books. "There are also academies that accepts scholarship from talented commoners."

"That's amazing! Your country is really prosperous!" Aladdin praised.

Y/n sighed, successfully getting them distracted. Then she pointed to the center of the town. "Maybe we should go in foot now." She said.

Everyone agreed with the young princess' idea and landed down on the ground. Now on the same footing as the citizen, the group looked around seriously.

Y/n was about to walk off but was pulled by the wrist against her will. When she turned around, she could only sigh helplessly at how Titus dragged her to an alley.

Y/n decided to see what's up and noticed something small... and fluffy.

"Waahhh..."

Both youngsters looked at the creature with bright shining eyes.