13. Waging Wars

(a/n: Yep, I'm in a hurry to the war arc. Because all them yummy beans are gathered there to perform like sum big shots in a concert hall.)

The bliss of time during their tour of Marga didn't take long enough to end abruptly.

One moment, everyone were smiling, the next second, an alarming news suddenly popped up in the small country.

A war.

The Reim empire waged war against Magnostadt.

And everything about it isn't going to be very optimistic in the incoming days.

First of all, the population. Magnostadt may have soldiers, but basing on their capabilities, they are definitely no more than accessories around the districts. Maybe they were physically trained, but not enough and inexperienced in any battles.

Second, the number of magicians who will be standing on the frontlines. There are small numbers of first level magicians and a huge amount of newer magicians in tow. Some are even leaving the country as they themselves knew how powerful an empire is.

After Mogamett's announcement the other day, everyone were preparing for the war.

Y/n had to talk to the director once more. But now, with Titus who seemed to have become down recently. Well, who wouldn't? Titus is a Reim resident and hearing his country wage war here isn't quite a nice news to hear. Y/n admitted that she'll feel down too if Obelia did the same.

Sitting in the living room like office of Mogamett, Y/n had not even touched the tea that's beginning to turn cold. Titus still looked down and Mogamett was his usual.

"War. Is this really the only answer?" Y/n asked.

"I don't think they will calm down even if I give their demands." Mogamett replied.

"Their demand is to hand over Titus, correct?" She guessed, glancing at her friend who suddenly looked at her. "Or maybe, it's merely a front just so they could come and take over Magnostadt?"

"It might be the case." Mogamett replied. "However, we never know."

"Then they came here for nothing." Y/n finally touched her cold tea and took a small sip.

Titus was confused for a while. His eyes, shifting between Y/n and Mogamett who conversed normally as if they were on the same level.

"How come?" Titus decided to speak. "What do you mean by they came here for nothing?"

Y/n placed the tea cup down on the table carefully with a hint of gracefulness. "It's because, this country will soon be under the wings of Obelia." She admitted.

The boy's eyes widened. "You're not just an ordinary noble in that empire, right?" He asked.

The girl nodded. "It may be a late introduction for you, Titus. My whole name is Y/n de Alger Obelia. The Obelian Empire's second princess." She said.

"Second princess? Then this means, you can talk about it with lady Scheherazade. If a Royal descent is here, she probably wouldn't launch an attack." Titus said, a light of hope glimmering in his green eyes.

Y/n shook her head. "I can't announce my whereabouts yet. Specially when my protection is not guaranteed. Having my presence in public like this is already dangerous."

"Then why did you come here without an escort with you?"

"I was actually kidnapped, really." She sighed, making Titus surprised. "Having my identity hidden to the mass is the safest. If I announced myself to Reim without a plan, they might take me as a hostage to threaten my own country. After all, it's rare to see an Obelian royal descendant to roam out of their own country."