09. Inhumane

As two ignorant noble bearings walked around town, the other two friends followed with a sigh.

They have been in the last three districts which now left them searching for the fifth district.

Even Aladdin wondered why it wasn't even placed in the map they were holding. Y/n also double checked if there are any speck to prove the fifth district's existence in the inner or outer districts but neither nor any corners had any signs.

"Well that's quite odd." She commented but felt rather uneasy after hearing it.

Usually, if an area is dangerous in a certain place, the map still includes it. Even if it is stained with poverty and odd predicaments, it would still be there. Things like black market and auction houses were usually the ones that the map wouldn't put on the list since it is a center of illegal transactions.

Y/n though if that's how it is or something else entirely.

When Aladdin wasn't able to get the answer from anyone of his friends, he decided to approach a resident and asked.

When the man turned with his friend, there a a mocking look in their eyes as they scoffed. But they answered politely. "Esteemed magician, those are the places for the rejects." They answered.

At that moment, Y/n already had an idea. Her heart felt uneasy but did not voice it out.

"Maybe we should ask the teachers about it." Y/n suggested to the three.

"Yeah. I think that's for the best." Sphintus agreed with a sigh.

"But for today, can we look around more?" Blue jeweled eyes brightened with plea. Beside her, Titus nodded frantically also having the same thought as Y/n.

Aladdin and Sphintus helplessly sighed. "Fine."

"Great!" Before anyone could react, Titus and Y/n had already ran away, checking every nooks and cranny of the small district with pure curiosity. The two others had no other choice but to follow ahead, worrying whether these two will end up somewhere entirely dangerous. 

Aladdin volunteered to ask once they returned that tiring day.

During dinner time, the four of them gathered once again in the dining table. Titus' lackeys kept distance for a while leaving the four some private time to talk about the matters that Aladdin found out.

"We wouldn't be able to see it until our ideology class." He explained.

Y/n elegantly took a sip on her tea before putting it back up on the saucer. "Is that so. Ideology class would be in a few days from now." She commented seriously.

"But then our investigation would be put to an abrupt." Titus said impatiently, grabbing Y/n's bread on her plate and bit it rashly.

Sphintus raised an eyebrow at him. "We know that but you should stop stealing Y/n's food." He scolded.

"Y/n doesn't even like bread." Titus said.

"It's true. I'm not particularly fond of sweet things." Y/n attest to Titus' words. "But Titus, you shouldn't take other people's bread when it's already in their plate. That's not very noble of you." She said.

Y/n really didn't understand how people of higher status acts here. Meeting the third prince of Kou and now a young man of the Reim empire's monarchy, she really felt like she was an alien.

Prince Kouha, although polite, did not have table manners and royal aura. He simply looked like a rich kid who was spoiled rotten. Meanwhile Titus is already very rude and ignorant. However, as times passed, Y/n knew that wasn't Titus' real attitude. The longer they interacted, the was calmer but is still arrogant in nature.