Chapter 14

Third P.O.V.

Rebekah pulls into the long driveway and Chris, Teddy, Gordie and Vern all look at the house in amazement.

(The house)

Once Rebekah parks the car they all get out and head inside.

"Mom, we're home and we brought guests." Edith calls out.

"Be out in a minute." The group hears from the kitchen.

They all sit down on the couch until they hear footsteps. Edith and Rebekah get up and soon Astrid walks in. Vern, Teddy, Gordie and Chris stare at the woman in front of them in shock.

 Vern, Teddy, Gordie and Chris stare at the woman in front of them in shock

Astrid's outfit

Astrid's hairstyle

Astrid's hairstyle

Peter, Felix, Devin and Henrik pushed their mouths closed and the four snapped out of their shock.

"That's your mother!?" Chris whispered yelled.

"Yeah." Felix said with a shrug.

Before they can say anything else Astrid walks over to the boys.

"Hello, you must be Chris, Teddy, Gordie and Vern. I'm Astrid Winchester Blue Mikaelson. I know big name." Astrid said with a kind smile.

"They are a bit shocked at the moment." Rebekah said.

"You're pretty!" Vern exclaimed and he realized he said that out loud.

"Thank you, dear. Dinner is ready." Astrid said before walking back into the kitchen.

They all follow her to the kitchen and they all sit down. They each take something they want off the table. Once Vern takes a bite he goes wide eyed.

"This is amazing." Vern exclaimed and Astrid smiles.

"Well our mother makes the best food out there. She takes care of our family. Most of us have been adopted throughout the years." Malia spoke up with a smile before realizing that tonight's the full moon.

"Are you okay?" Gordie asks once he saw the look of pain on her face.

"I'll be fine, kid. This just happens every full month. I get very sick and I have to quarantine to a separate room away from the others. But my older brothers, Derek, Scott and Isaac have the same problem." Malia explained not wanting to give out to much information.

That's when the phone rings. Lydia gets up and walks over to answer it. Lydia was quiet for a second before looking at her mother.

"It's for you." Lydia said and Astrid gets up.

She takes the phone and walks into a different room.

"Hello?" Astrid asks.

"Oh thank goodness. Astrid hey it's me. Emma. I need your help." Emma said and Astrid walks back into the kitchen to see the kids all cleaning up.

"What could you possibly need? If you don't know I'm on a vacation." Astrid said.

"I know but Rumple, he wants to learn your kind of magic." Emma said.

"Well tell him he needs to stop wasting my time. I can't help him. Goodbye Emma." Astrid before hanging up the phone.

"Are you okay mother?" Edith asks her mother.

"I'll be fine." Astrid said.

"Maybe you should sit. It's not good for the baby if your under stress." Peter said and Astrid nods.

"How far along are you?" Chris asks.

"Two weeks." Astrid answered and sat down on the couch.

"I'll call dad if you like." Devin said.

"No, this is our vacation and we'll enjoy it. I mean we leave in three more months. So I'll tell him when we get back." Astrid said.

"Hey, mom?" Henrik asks.

"Yeah?" Astrid asks.

"Do you think we can camp out in Vern's backyard?" Henrik asks.

"Of course you can. Are you guys doing anything tomorrow?" Astrid asks.

"Yeah we were going to see drag races." Chris answered.

"Okay, but please be careful. I think it's time for me and the girls have a day for just us." Astrid said.

"Of course mom. Love you." Felix said as each of her son's kiss her cheeks.

The boys pack everything they need and Henrik and Devin pack a bit of food and a lot of money.

Once the boys left Edith looks at her sisters and mother.

"They aren't going camping." Edith said.

"We overheard them talking about finding a body." Lydia said.

"Okay. But here's what's going to happen. Rebekah, Lydia and Malia. I want you to follow them. If something happens rescue them. Edith I want you to stay with me in case something happens. Girls pack a few things and go after your brothers. Stay in hearing distance. But stay hidden." Astrid said and her daughter's nodded.

They run to their rooms and packed a few things and kissed their mother's cheek and headed out the door.