Chapter 2

Emma got to the Juicenet Café exactly ten minutes early for her shift (in case there'd be traffic, or some other complication, you could never be too careful).
She saw Rikki sitting in their regular booth, nursing a juice and wearing unusually dark sunglasses.
"Hi Ems"- she groaned tiredly.
"Rikki, are you hung over??!"- whispered Emma in a concerned but scolding manner. She couldn't believe this girl. Seriously on a school night? She must have been partying with Zane. Zane Bennett, that spoilt, rich, arrogant douche bag. How Emma despised him. Why does he get the girl?
"Maybe a little"- Rikki replied, rather embarrassed.
"You should know your limits"- said Emma. "Only drink as much as you can take... Anyway, I'll get you something to cure that"- she said and hurried behind the counter to make one of her famous hangover juices.
"Thank you"- exclaimed Rikki in a strained but grateful voice as Emma placed a green, healthy looking juice on the table. She took a small sip, then grimaced but carried on sipping the drink.
"Works like a charm, trust me." There was a silence while Rikki slurped through the straw and Emma watched with a *you deserve this* type of glare until she drank the very last drop. It took some coaxing and stern looks, but eventually she did.
"I feel a little bit better actually"- said Rikki, as if surprised that Emma's home remedy worked. She took off her shades, no longer needing them as a shield from the bright lighting in the café. Emma was instantly captured by her ocean blue eyes and forgot how to breathe for a second. Breathe, Emma, breathe. This is just your friend Rikki. But her eyes were so beautiful, and caught Emma by surprise every time.
Maybe she wasn't straight.
Rikki got up, stretched her legs and gave Emma a cheeky grin. Her entire face lit up as she twirled and said "As good as new. Thanks Ems!" and she picked up her bag and walked off.
Yes, Emma was definitely gay. Great. Just great. A closet lesbian in love with one of her only two female friends. Wonderful. Way to be a stereotype, Emma. She got up and put her best customer service smile on and walked up to the nearest table where two people just sat down.
"Hello and welcome to the Juicenet Café! My name is Emma, I'll be your waitress today. What can I get you?"