Chapter 3

The next day the three girls decided to take a trip to Mako Island. After school finished, Emma was waiting at their usual spot for Rikki and Cleo. Rikki arrived first and was wearing a fed up expression that mostly accompanied her after a long school day or conversations with someone right-winged. Unless she bumped into a couple of conservatives on her way out, it was probably one of the teachers that had provoked the frown.
"I wish Cleo would hurry up"-said Rikki who was extremely annoyed by anything and everything at this point in her day.
"Trust me, I'd like to get out of here as well. She'll be here in a minute, probably just got caught up with something"-Emma attempted to comfort her friend.
They spotted a disheveled Cleo rushing towards them at full speed.
"Sorry guys, I've got to skip today's trip. I wish I could go but dad has a bunch of stuff going on and Kim needs to be picked up from dance class. I also have a chemistry test that I need to revise for. I'm so sorry! You should still go though."
"It's fine Cleo, don't worry! We can go another day, there's no rush."-said Emma, trying to calm her friend.
"No, please go, you deserve the rest! You've been looking forward to going all week!" -reassured Cleo.
"Well..."-Emma wasn't sure if it's a good idea to spend a lot of time with Rikki alone. Just the two of them. It was torture for Emma.
"Please, Emma, I'll feel like an ass if it's only me going. I really need to calm down, and the moon pool always helps"-begged Rikki.
"Okay"- Emma gave in. She'd do anything to see Rikki smile. And it's not exactly like she could explain to Rikki why she doesn't want to spend time together with her alone. Yeah, sorry Rikki I kinda have a crush on you and it's killing me inside to spend so much time with you.
No, it's not like she can say that. Not to her face, anyway.