Chapter 6

When Emma got home she told her mum that she's feeling ill and that no one should disturb her. She quickly retired to her room without any further explanation and locked the door behind herself. She turned her phone off, and put her earphones on to block out the world. She clutched her lime green MP3 player and pressed listen on "Look after you", by the Fray. This song made her think of Rikki. It didn't help distract her, so she might as well feel sorry for herself, just for a little while. The next song that played was "Big girls don't cry" by Fergie. So she cried anyway. This wasn't a time to hold back her emotions. She could let everything out. After a couple more songs and tears, she drifted into a nightmare filled sleep.
A long, sharp "ratatatat" sound jolted her awake. Someone was repeatedly knocking on her bedroom door.
"Let me in! Your mum said you're feeling ill and you're not answering your phone."
Crap. Rikki. Rikki, separated only by a door from Emma. She is demanding an explanation and with her level of stubbornness she is not about to leave without a fight. Emma knows that the door doesn't stand a chance at keeping Rikki Chadwick out of the room much longer.
What should she do? Her eyes quickly darted towards the window, but it's no use running away from this conversation. She knew it was a conversation that they'd have to have sooner or later.
"Just a minute"- she called out in the direction of the door, which she thought Rikki to be frowning behind at this moment. Emma rushed to her mirror, hurriedly combed through her hair with her fingers and wiped off the drool from the side of her mouth.
She unlocked the door and there was a concerned looking Rikki standing in front of her with a crease between her eyebrows. She was worried, after all. Maybe she hadn't come to confront Emma about the kiss. Maybe she didn't hate her. Could it be? Emma was getting her hopes up.