Chapter 7

"Hi, can we talk?"- asked Rikki. Emma saw the determination in her ocean blue eyes and new that there was no escaping Rikki's questioning.
"Sure, come in"- Emma who was previously blocking the doorway, moved to the side and gestured with her hand for Rikki to enter. She closed the door behind Rikki and by the time she turned around she saw the other blonde sitting on her bed. She seemed pretty relaxed but Emma saw her eyes intensely fixed on her, studying every move, and she new that this was just a weak attempt at disguising her anxiety. Emma sat down next to her on the bed and avoiding Rikki's gaze she turned her attention towards her cuticles as if there was something really interesting written on her nails and nervously started picking at them. But Rikki wasn't one to give up and stared at Emma until she finally met her eyes. Rikki was searching for answers in her eyes, as if she could see her soul and this made Emma highly uncomfortable.
"So"- trailed off Rikki.
"So?"- questioned Emma. What was she on about. Just say something. Emma was feeling frustrated. Why couldn't Rikki just reject her. Maybe she could move on more easily.
"I called Zane"- said Rikki.
"Listen, I don't give a damn about Zane"- Emma cut in angrily.
"I was going to say that I broke up with him"
"What?"- Emma couldn't believe what she just heard. Was this some sick joke? Was her friend making fun of her? No, Emma don't think like that. Was she serious?
"Yes. Uh... I've kind of... it's not been the best... for a while now between us. And when you kissed me I knew that my feelings for you hadn't gone away. When I started dating Zane... I was convinced that I'm over you. But the moment before you leaned in... I knew."
"I..."- that's all Emma could get out before Rikki tackled her so quickly that it was sure to leave a bruise on her lips. But Emma didn't care. She eagerly kissed back. She had fantasised about this moment many times and she was scared that the real experience could never be as good. But this lived up to her expectations. It was even better than she imagined. She was kissing Rikki. And Rikki was kissing her.