Chapter 01

Her mother died at a young age. The villagers said it was a waste, but in fact, it was better to say 'she died at a young age' rather than 'died leaving a young one'. After all, her death was too soon, too unexpected for her little girl, who had no father.

After reaching the age of sixteen, Evely became more pretty, her body delicate and small. It's a pity that she was poor. At first glance, she was destined to die with only a small amount of money in her hands, while being tossed between men who wanted to indulge in her body. Either way, she would have a hard time finding a man who'd stay by her side and give her all the riches in the world. She would meet a promiscuous man, give birth to two children, and will die as a poor woman.

Far from living a normal life.

"If it isn't a pretty young lady..."

After her mother died, she saw a group of men come in, saying that she(her mother) had taken a large amount of money from them. They looked around the house for a long time, but when there was nothing found, their eyes simultaneously turned to Evely. At that moment, Evely sensed the dire need to run and instinctively escaped, leaving behind her house. However, after less than half a day of running, she got caught. She was found hiding in a remote place.

The men started beating her before she could even stand up and scream. She expected the next man approaching her to kick or even slap her on the cheek, but for some reason, his touch was quite cautious. As soon as she thought something was weird, she heard the voice of the man, saying, "If there are wounds on her face, I will not be able to sell her!"

At that moment, her body got struck with the lid of the pot. It hurt much harder than a man's hand.

Not long after she arrived at an unfamiliar place. She finally saw some women for the first time, and they adorned her body with a soft cloth. The sprinkled perfumed oil was so fragrant that Evely couldn't help but feel uncomfortable. The thin soft fabric was not fit to be called clothes, it was like a second skin. As she stepped up on the platform while wearing it, the eyes of the masked men rushed to her, hundreds of burning gazes on her. Then, Evely knew...

This was the slave market.

"As you can see, she has red locks of hair that seems to be slightly tanned by the sun. With..."

The loud voice of the man was raising the heat of the Market even more. As a hand gently swept down Evely's head, the surrounding area began to fill up.

The platform on which Evely stood was as high as a stage where dancers performed, and the men under it were staring at her, wearing black masks and sitting cross-legged.

Evely was gazing down, but it was hard to avoid the looks of the countless men in front of her.

"Her skin is even more soft to touch." The hand that touched her head lightly, shifted to her cheek. Men's adam apples bobbed at the word 'skin' and 'touch'. Even with the masks on, Evely could tell from their eye slits; the men seemed to be watching her.

"Compared to her thin waist, her chest is plump. Just holding it will be satisfying!"

In turn, the man grabbed Evely's chest. Her eyes widened, biting back the gasp, her body trembling, like a small rabbit. It was the first time in her life that a man touched her. She was trembling because she didn't know what to do with the shame that was taking over her.

So naive.

And as if these words were a signal, giggling voices began to fill the place.

"Is she a virgin?"

A question popped up among men wearing the same mask. Because of the mask, it was hard to tell who was who.

"Of course. If you're curious, how about you check it out yourself?"

The atmosphere was gradually rising to the playful voice. All the men gathered here were nobles. The secret playground of the nobles, the market for buying and selling young slaves.

There was this dark side to the splendid bustling empire, like a stained shadow.

The emperor had strictly forbidden to buy and sell slaves outside of the official market, but no one let out a word.

Masked nobles were those who made laws and broke them. This entertainment was more enjoyable than anything else and they wanted to enjoy this pleasure.

"I'll start the auction!"

Evely looked back at the man next to her. The host's face seemed like the host of the dog fight.

"Alright, let's start with 3,000 gold."

As if everyone was waiting for him to start, the bids began.

"3,500."

"Five thousand."

"6,500!"

"Seven thousand!"

Evely's eyes were busy following the voices. Someone called 7,000 from the right, 7,500 from the left, and 8,000 from somewhere.

Evely was confused because she didn't know where to look. As the price went up to 9,000 in a flash, her head felt dizzy.

"Is there any more? It's a shame to lose such a young and pretty girl! If you don't have her..."

"Twenty thousand." Even though it was not a very loud voice, the hall became quiet as if someone had poured water over them.

The price was twice as high as the previous one. The eyes of those wearing masks darted to the source. It was a man sitting in the center of the hall. He was covered by a mask, but it didn't take much to deduce that he was an old man with grey hair and a bulging belly.

While there was a pause, the host's words resonated loudly.

His voice was extra loud as if he were impressed. "Twenty thousand!"

The man was an old, powerless nobleman who had no choice but to spend the rest of his life with women. His skinny body did not serve properly, and his sexual life was bad. His wife ran away at a young age, and his children were just too ashamed to acknowledge him. Buying a weaker girl than him and bullying her, showing off his masculinity, was the only thing that made him feel alive.