Chapter 31

The last thing Evely needed to do was to tidy the bedroom before Alec finished his duties. But today, her hands were busy opening the bedding. Because he came back earlier than usual and was watching her.

When he saw her face hardened, Alec asked her.

"Why do you look like that? You don't smile at all."

'How can I work and smile when you're staring at me like that?'

Alec ordered Evely, who was wondering what to say.

"Smile."

Puzzled by the sudden request, Evely did as he asked and lifted the edge of her mouth slightly. She tried to force a smile, but it was awkward and her eyes kept rolling back and forth.

"Like this?"

"No, you have to look me in the eye and smile."

Evely raised the tip of her lips again as she stared into Alec's eyes. Having become more awkward because of him staring at her without saying a word, Evely hurriedly finished organizing and bowed her head politely.

"...I have made preparations so that there will be no shortage at the time of your order."

"Are you sure there is no shortage?"

Evely looked at her master and blinked. The way he spoke, looking at Evely at an angle and spitting out his words, was strangely flirty.

"Aren't you sure?"

'I thought you told me to smile earlier....'

Evely thought Alec might not like something, but he didn't seem to want to scold her. In the past, when being pushed like this, Evely used to doze off looking around, but now she could tell to what extent she's used to it. 'Is he really trying to reprimand me, or is he trying to nitpick me and make fun of me?' Now at least not the former.

"Yes ......I think so."

No matter how much she looked around the room, she couldn't find anything impeccable about it.

When he heard Evely's answer, Alec chuckled. Even the mocking smirk on his face made her heart throb strangely. When he smiled at me, it seemed to light a fire in her ears for no reason.

It seemed that she still had a fever from time to time since she got sick last time. Especially when he touched her or looked at her like this.

"Is that so? Then ......"

Alec was about to continue when suddenly there was a knock at the door. Uniform and a neat knocking sound. Evely's gaze went to the door, a sign that should not have been heard this night.

"Count, may I come in?"

The faintly audible voice was Rose, her master's wife.

For a moment Evely gulped deeply. It was as if everything that was inside of her dropped down in that moment.

"Come in."

The door opened, and each step the princess took, Evely's inside felt as long and sprawling as a stretch of flour dough.

Unlike in the daytime, Rose was wearing only thin pajamas. I could see that gorgeous look she usually wore. The simple, unadorned clothes emphasized her soft lines. Her tall height, thin waist and breasts were casually and covertly revealed.

It was not a dress, but a plain and simple figure. Ironically, this night was the first time Rose had visited him dressed like this, at least to Evely's knowledge. Evely's eyes wandered in all directions like a child who had lost herway.