( CHAPTER TWENTY. )

CHAPTER TWENTY

CHAPTER TWENTY.

・・・・・・・・・・・・

NEVER DID GISELLE MOREAU THINK THAT ONE DAY SHE WOULD BE SITTING NEXT TO BILLY RUSSO DRINKING WHISKEY AND MOURNING THE DEPARTURE OF CELESTE MOREAU, but they both knew that it was only the beginning of chaos. Because her death⎯ was not the end, no, it was the starting line. Celeste Moreau's death was set before the ending of her mission, and her mission was to capture Karakurt. 

And for the first time since she began her journey in discovering the truth about her feelings, her head was going to explode with a multitude of unanswered questions. The questions she asked herself were endless⎯ What does it really mean to lose someone ? Does grief feel the same each time? Is it the same for everyone or was she the only one that suffered this much? Is it always dominated by pain and anguish ? How long does it last ? How long should it last?

But the most important question; was Celeste finally at peace? 

She was too scared to open that door, a red painted wooden door. She didn't want to see the demons crawling behind that door, she didn't want to drown. She tried so hard to hold onto something that felt normal⎯ and surprisingly, Billy Russo was the thing that brought the most peace to her right now. 

She spent days drowning in alcohol and sex. 

"Did you mean it?" her voice was hoarse, probably from the lack of speech. Seeing as most of her words has been moaned. And then rest was drowned in whiskey. 

"Did I mean what?" he was partly confused⎯ because he meant alot of things. He said alot of things in these last months they've been planning the end of the world. 

"What you said about Monique?" she could never get used to speaking again⎯ she thought. Her throat hurt, but then, at the back of her mind, she knew that it wasn't physical pain, but her mind torturing her. The tongue that gave away Celeste was giving her away too, it was bleeding acid inside her internal organs, her body wanted her to feel the pain her sister felt before she passed away. Has she suffered? She would ask sometimes, but then she remembers what she asked of Frank. She promised him that she would give him Celeste⎯ if he made her death quick. 

A part of her hoped that she would have survived and killed Frank. That part was a ten year old Giselle, that looked up to her sister, that spent days tangling her fingers with her hair and making small braids while singing a soft french lullaby to make her sleep. 

And a part of her wanted Celeste to be dead. That part was the inner mother that Giselle Moreau has been hiding from this world, the part that loved and desired love. 

"I need you to come with me," he didn't answer her question, instead he stood up and looked at her with a stoic expression. "take a shower, make it quick. I'll be waiting for you."